Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

!Attention! calling all girls....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys, i was just wondering whether if you were 18 or 19 whether you would go out with a boy of 16 or maybe some of you out there do. just wondering wot you think on this matter?

Comments

• Options
    i dunno if this will help but i am a gay guy, 15, and i would go out with someone twice my age...
  • Options
    I hope you're not trying to pick anyone up...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    I hope you're not trying to pick anyone up...

I think he's curious because he fancies a girl who is older than him and he's sussing out if he has a chance. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    im 18 and i wouldnt go out with a 16 year old. it would just seem so wierd. im mean they would have just done their gcse's which i did bloody ages ago. I think its the whole maturity thing that would put me off mainly
  • Options
    yeah karla, bumble bee is right so don't worry! please! i should have really have posted this message on the relationships boards.
  • Options
    Maturity...

When I was 16 I went out with a girl of 19 for little over a year... many people that age I find are abit too cocky and think they know it all... Not all though, there are exceptions.
  • Options
    I wouldnt do it.

Nope!

Id feel like Im having to mother them, and when Im with all their friends I'd feel like Im 30 or something!! However if their mature for their age I may consider it, but thats all consider, nothing else, reality would hit me.
  • Options
    Sorry!

I don't think I would.

The sad thing is, you often see 15/16 year old girls going out with blokes in their late teens, but it is quite uncommon to see older women with 15/16 year old blokes!

Oh well, another thing I will never understand! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sorry but i dont date younger guys no more
  • Options
    I'm 19 and wouldn't date a 16 yr old. But I do date guys that are slightly older than me. This past year, they've ranged from 21-25. I think everyone is different and you should date who you're comfortable dating, whether that be older or younger.
  • Options
    I dont see what the problem is spose to be here? irv99, do you want to know if females would go out with a guy two years younger than them or what? Personally i wouldnt, but not cos two years is a problem, just the fact they'd be younger. Two years isnt a big age gap in a relationship at all, i would willingly date a guy two years older than me but not younger. I would never date anyone younger than me, i love older guys, there more mature and it just feels so much nicer having his older bloke after you rather than someone younger than you, cant really explain it but i just LOVE older blokes.
    But there are girls who would go out with a 16 year old guy when there 18 themselves, its not that uncommon really, just more usual for it to be the other way around
  • Options
    I wouldnt go out with a guy two years youngerthan me the immaturity would really annoy me. they do take a little longer to mature and mine who is 2 years older is still more immature.
  • Options
    2 of my exes were a fair bit older than me ...14 years and 7 years.

But then Im not 16 and havent been for some time:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I tend to go for people my age or older. I wouldn't go for anyone significantly younger at this age.
  • Options
    How much older would you go? (I ask out interest!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandit4911
    How much older would you go? (I ask out interest!)

Who? Moi?
  • Options
    Yes.............and anyone else.................maybe I should start a new topic?