Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Schizophrenia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Well, it's not wise to diagnose yourself based on internet findings, it will probably make you paranoid and unnecessarily worried about it.
    If you do happen to be schizophrenic then the only way to know is by talking to a mental health professional. The first point of contact will be your GP. Unless you can go private in which case you might want to just find a psychiatrist. It may take a number of meetings for them to come up with any diagnosis and ultimately a care plan.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    To be honest i think anyone who goes and looks online could say they have 1000 things wrong with them but you need to ask to be reffered to a psychiatrist if you are hearing voices.
    My personal opinion? it sounds like Psychosis but then again i'm not a doctor.

Do you have someone to talk to like family about the voices? I know you want to know the diagnosis but it's important to get support if they are telling you nasty things.

good luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your help. :D
  • Options
    If you're in school, college or uni, therapy and psychotherapy services are free.
  • Options
    having personal experience of people close to me with scitzophrenia all i can say is really do get professional help and dont rely on internet wikis and google searches - there are much better ways that they can help what is a very complicated, confusing and scary illness.

take care
  • Options
    Hi about your post ( scizophreina)

Hello there,
    I see you from your post you think you may have scizophreina can i just point out you can also have depression and (voices) but you need to see a GP to get the right help and support with what your going through. I have servere depression and auidtoy hullucations (hearing voices) and soical axiney. What does the voices say to you ? are they your voice or somone else voice? are they female or male voices? what other symptons do you have? . I understand it can be very hard dealing with voices as they are very distressing and can lead to very serious problems if not treated. does anyone know about what your going through such as your mum ? Sorry to hear that you dont have any freinds i dont really eather because my axinety affects it and the freinds i did have they basically left me out all the time, plus i couldnt see them half of the time due to how i was feeling and mental health problems. And they found me to stressful etc. You could try doing some activties and joining a club this way you will be able to meet new people and make freinds try this it may help you. if you need any advice or information you can always talk to me.
    Hope to talk to you soon.
    xx
  • Options
    xHeartGirlx-
    Breathe! Even if you do have schizophrenia, it is not the end of the world. I have friends with schizophrenia who have their lives more together than I do! Remember that if your self diagnosis ends up being the truth that it doesn’t define you. When I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder I was so happy to finally have an explanation for the way I though and acted. However, that excitement quickly turned to fear when I read about how difficult it is to treat Borderline patients. I have come a long way since then. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not completely better yet. However, when I go and look back to where I was 3 years ago, even a month ago, I can see some great differences. This is not a death sentence.

That being said, it is important for you to get some help with this. I agree with everyone else that diagnosing yourself off of what you read online is a very dangerous thing. I once diagnosed myself with a flesh eating virus when I was having an allergic reaction to a bug bite! :blush: However, recognizing that there is something potentially “wrong” is a great first step. There has to be someone you can talk to whether it is a family member, your GP, or even someone on a hotline. Sometimes I find it easier to start with the hotline first. It kind of gives you some practice on what you want to say to the next person you talk to. I’m sure you will find the right person to talk to and everything will turn out ok. *hug*

Good luck!
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi there xHeartGirlX

Sounds like you are doing lots of the right things and getting some great support here, amongst other places.

I just wanted to highlight to anyone who hears voices (and apologies if this is old news) the support you can get thru the hearing voices network.

Good luck at the docs tomorrow!
    :wave: