Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello - My name is Kay & I'm 22 years old from Hull.

I've been in my relationship for almost 4years now and love my partner very much - Not long ago we got engaged but now I'm feeling like I made a terrible mistake.

It's not that i don't love him it's just that I can't be sure on whether this is what he really wants. He says he does but there's a part of me that just won't settle.
Almost 3years ago I found out that he went and saw another woman. To which I didn't know. He never told me about it, If it wasn't for my sister seeing a comment on one of his online profiles I would never of known. So would he of told me? I didn't find out about this other woman until almost a year after he went. He denied knowing her then later on admitted to knowing her but not seeing her. I get a mail from this young woman who I mailed earlier on in the day saying that he infact has met her, that not long ago he was sat in her living room after they had both just been to the pub and that they had slept together. Now I didn't have no clue as at that time I was on my 2week holiday in Cyprus. So in love with him I didn't think that he would betray me like this. He said that all he wanted from her was a gig, so he could DJ in this particular club. She then sent me forward mails on what he had sent her saying ' I've been thinking about you alot you know sweetcheeks xxx' This made me both angry and hurt. As he says he said that to sweet talk her, but......he has never said that to me or mailed me something like that :/ I have also in the process lost a child due to the stress I am carrying.
There are many many things that he has done to me but right now this is my main problem. I can't get over it as he never wants to talk. I have no-one to talk to. I'm only 22, there's only so much I can take.
I have often thought about suicide due to the constant pain in my heart, but never acted upon my demon thoughts.

I don't know what to do? Should I stay and stick it out for a few more years hoping for the love I need.

I've tried my hardest to cope with this and I can't find my way out, So I come to you in desperate reach of your help.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think, at the bottom of your heart, you do know what to do. You feel betrayed by your fiancé, and nothing he can do or say will ever quite bring back the love and trust you had previously. There is no excuse for his behaviour and denial. When you say you love him, what you really mean is that you are afraid of the unknown and being left alone. But this is no basis for a happy and fulfilling marriage.

There are more (and better) fish in the sea. Cut your losses and leave now.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    agree totaly with overthehill here. gotta be honest if you are having doubts now u shouldnt go through with it. he cant even tell you the truth then is it rearly worth it.

i honestly think you would be better on your own rather be with him...