Home Health & Wellbeing
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can my dad get me sectioned again?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 18, and have a previous diagnosis of Conduct Disorder (most likely Antisocial Personality Disorder now),ADHD and Asperger's.

So, me and my dad had an argument not long ago about something I wanted which he wouldn't give me because he thought I hadn't behaved well enough (F*cking p*ick). Anyway, after our argument I refused to take my medication and he started phoning the NHS to get me sectioned tonight.

He's got me sectioned once before for trying to beat up my brother and refusing to take my medication.

Can he do it again?

I don't want to be sectioned again but I won't let him win.

Please only give sensible answers.

If I'm right he can't get me sectioned because a personality disorder is not considered a mental illness, right?

If I don't want to take my medication it's up to me and I'll hurt my dad if he gets me sectioned.


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there MDF18 and welcome to the site!

    I'm really sorry you're having such a difficult time at the moment with your dad. You sound very angry with your dad - it sounds like you could both do with some time out from the situation right now. I'm not sure that taking your medication equates to your dad 'winning' and you 'losing' - it sounds like you both lose if you end up in hospital or you hurt him.

    Go here for some info on being sectioned and the law.

    If you have a diagnosis and medication do you have a mental health worker who you could talk to about this? If your medication isn't helping it sounds like you need to see someone who can do something about this. Perhaps you could get in touch with them? Perhaps you have somewhere you can go, perhaps to see a friend or do something you like to distract you from this stressful situation until then?

    Let us know how you're doing.

    Take care :wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its entirely sensible for someone to have issues with someone who goes around beating people up. I know its not your fault, but if you are the one who explodes, and potentially has anger issues, how is it other peoples fault?
Sign In or Register to comment.