Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please don't forget Pakistan.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Millions of people ...many with nothing at all.
No hope no nothing.
The Americans continue to fly drones in of course killing children and stuff like they do but ...give ...ten bob ...anything.
Just as Russia ...third biggest grain exporter/supplier on the planet stop all exports ...this happens.
Please please give.
There are no excuses why us cosseted spoilt fuckers shouldn't.
A quid a week from every one in the UK could save millions ....

Comments

• Options
    I think its heartless the status updates on facebook ive seen about people complaining about the millions the UK has donated when people at home need help.

Hey, the money we are sending will help millions, how can people begrudge that.

Good on you rolly.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    I think its heartless the status updates on facebook ive seen about people complaining about the millions the UK has donated when people at home need help.

Hey, the money we are sending will help millions, how can people begrudge that.

Good on you rolly.

I've seen some bad crap posted about this situation.
    Selfish ignorant fuckers who should be thrown off bridges and stuff.
    There is no excuse.
  • Options
    We should help, not because its right or wrong, but because we can.
  • Options
    Because we are human is enough for me.
  • Options
    Because we are human is enough for me.

:yes: :)
    Loades of people in the UK are helping by donateing cloths and all, My bangla school is raiseing money and donateing items :)

So not everyonee has forgot about paxistan...x
  • Options
    Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    I was reading people saying things like "Why should we help them, they have terrorist camps over there", or "They wouldn't help us, so why should we help them. We're mugs, make someone else send millions." or "We can't afford it, we're in a recession."

Pisses me off, it's only money. I would help in donations of clothing/money, but I can't myself. If given the chance to go and help first hand, when do I leave?
  • Options
    People make me angry. I hate the world sometimes.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I was reading people saying things like "Why should we help them, they have terrorist camps over there", or "They wouldn't help us, so why should we help them. We're mugs, make someone else send millions." or "We can't afford it, we're in a recession."

Pisses me off, it's only money. I would help in donations of clothing/money, but I can't myself. If given the chance to go and help first hand, when do I leave?

Cant afford it as we are in a recession, says a lot of the people pleading poverty, but with a 40 inch TV.

Talking of recession, its amazing the things that supposed hard up people wouldnt do to survive, or wont donate to british charities, but kick off about donating elsewhere.
  • Options
    I don't donate to charities myself in the form of money, but I have, and would in time/labour. Just like I would right now.
  • Options
    I don't donate to charities myself in the form of money, but I have, and would in time/labour. Just like I would right now.

I think a few of our lads would go out there on mass, except thats lots more mouths to feed as well.
  • Options
    Keep up the good work.

:thumb: more like boring work though....:)
  • Options
    :thumb: more like boring work though....:)

Im sure the people being helped dont find it boring, possibly very grateful.
  • Options
    We should help, not because its right or wrong, but because we can.

:yes:
  • Options
    For those who haven't ...put a quid in a box.
    For those who already have ...put another one in.
  • Options
    Thats how bad it is.

_48862225_pakistan_floods_25aug_464.gif
  • Options

People who say this sort of thing are usually trying to make themselves feel better about doing fuck all. I'm willing to bet that almost none of the sort of people who say this actually then give some money to British charities instead.
  • Options
    No, I don't give money to any charities.
  • Options
    No, I don't give money to any charities.

Fair enough. I was referring to the first half of the post though. The other favourite is the one about corruption in Africa and how none of the money will actually be used for charity.
  • Options
    Anyone parted with a quid since I posted this thread?
    I have a feeling the answer is no whilst you were all eating well and living quite comfortably.
    It's really dead simple ...just part with a fucking quid!
  • Options
    Anyone parted with a quid since I posted this thread?
    I have a feeling the answer is no whilst you were all eating well and living quite comfortably.
    It's really dead simple ...just part with a fucking quid!

Actually, I have donated money. So get off your fucking high horse.
  • Options
    Actually, I have donated money. So get off your fucking high horse.

Briliant but I aint on a fucking high horse.
    I am simply trying to get people to remember how easy it is to help this desperate situation and I'm still willing to bet the majority have given fuck all ...now get off your fucking high horse you twat.

A quid ...it's all it takes.
  • Options
    Briliant but I aint on a fucking high horse.
    I am simply trying to get people to remember how easy it is to help this desperate situation and I'm still willing to bet the majority have given fuck all ...now get off your fucking high horse you twat.

A quid ...it's all it takes.

lol tbh, if you had said it nicely i would of replied nicely. I'm not on a high horse so no need to call me a twat. It was just the way you said it, implying that none of us give a crap. I am sure there are a hell of a lot of people that have given nothing, and thats their choice, but i am sure there are also a lot of people who have given loads including people on thesite.
  • Options
    If I was eating nicely and living comfortably I'd give a more than a quid, but I'm not.
  • Options
    What is the plan for the money?
  • Options
    I always find that bullying is a good way of persuading people to donate to charity. :no:
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    I always find that bullying is a good way of persuading people to donate to charity. :no:

I was bullying no one.
    All was going well till someone said ...get off your fucking high horse.
    Bad language recieved bad language given back ok?
    All I've tried to do is ask people to remember and give a quid and guess what ...the majority don't give.
  • Options
    http://www.oxfam.org.uk/oxfam_in_action/emergencies/pakistan-floods2010.html

^^A link without the insults.

And for the record, I have "parted with a fucking quid" and a bit more.
  • Options
    Just donated the £4 that I had left in my bank account. - Officially my first donation in money to a charity.
  • Options
    I upped my Red Cross donation from £6 to £10 just to get the campaign women on the phone to stop doing the creepy, buttering me up speech.