Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

not dating him now!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
His facebook profile says he is a complete different religion, its just a dumb idea really. :(:( what was I thinking, :no: :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    sapphire wrote: »
    His facebook profile says he is a complete different religion, its just a dumb idea really. :(:( what was I thinking, :no: :nervous:

Loads of people from different religons date.
  • Options
    its not just that. I am an idiot for thinking that he wanted me.
    :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
    He doesnt have the same interests and basically i just wanted someone to have sex with.

I'm obvoiuysly not ready for a relationship
  • Options
    Why does religion matter?
  • Options
    cos it decides when you have sex and what is appropriate.
  • Options
    Dont read to much into it!
    Im christian, My boyfriends a Muslim.
    Christians are supposed to wait until marriage to have sex... Not all do...
    Muslims are the same!!!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'm a Jew dating a Catholic. We're at it like rabbits. Religion doesn't dictate love and lust.
  • Options
    sapphire wrote: »
    cos it decides when you have sex and what is appropriate.

No it doesnt.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    No it doesnt.

If you follow and obey all lines of your religion that can matter when you have sex or not like a muslim can't have sex before marridge unless they want to get sinned and burn in hell fire on the day of judgement. Well that's what I believe x
  • Options
    If you follow and obey all lines of your religion that can matter when you have sex or not like a muslim can't have sex before marridge unless they want to get sinned and burn in hell fire on the day of judgement. Well that's what I believe x

Flying bacon! Mmmmmmmmm! :p
  • Options
    I don't follow my religion to the letter.
  • Options

Yes but what the first poster said could be taken as she wouldnt want to sleep with someone of a different religion, not necessarily because of him being able or not able to do so.

No disrespect about your religion troubled_youngster, however Im just wondering how long it is going to take before judgement day comes. John Connor has managed to delay it a few times.
  • Options
    John Connor has managed to delay it a few times.

Wrong actually :D

If you'd seen T3, then you would know that the Terminator's mission was not to ensure that John stopped Judgement Day, but survived it. He realised Skynet had gotten too powerful to be stopped, hence why, when Skynet initiated nuclear holocaust, he and his woman were safe in the bunker and he was able to start the Resistance.
  • Options
    I never said stopped it, i said delayed. It must have been, otherwise when Terminator 3 came out it would allready have happened well before the film ;)
  • Options
    Dear god above.
    Christians ALSO arent supposed to have sex before marriage. but they do. as do alot of muslims and other religious followers. its all down to the individual about what actions they take and how devout they are to their religion!!

Different religions doesnt mean you cant date or marry someone of another religion.

Dont be so closed minded about the whole thing. Cross the bridges when you get to them

thats like saying you wont date someone because they own a dog. If hes a nice guy and you like him then who fricking cares?
  • Options
    x</3x wrote: »
    Different religions doesnt mean you cant date or marry someone of another religion.

Though what you've said is technically incorrect (marriage is generally defined as a religious union) I agree with the sentiment. You can't help who you fancy and who you fall in love with. Despite being Catholic, were it a toss-up between respecting my religion and following love, I'd go with the latter every time. For it is in the experience of love that we truly know the will of God.
  • Options
    Though what you've said is technically incorrect (marriage is generally defined as a religious union) I agree with the sentiment. You can't help who you fancy and who you fall in love with. Despite being Catholic, were it a toss-up between respecting my religion and following love, I'd go with the latter every time. For it is in the experience of love that we truly know the will of God.

I don't think it's love quite yet, she was posting last night about a first date to the cinema.
  • Options
    I'm leaping a few steps ahead, but all I'm saying is that, despite being a religious person, it wouldn't get in the way if I fancied someone who didn't believe in the wacky stuff I believe in.
  • Options
    I'm leaping a few steps ahead, but all I'm saying is that, despite being a religious person, it wouldn't get in the way if I fancied someone who didn't believe in the wacky stuff I believe in.

I wouldnt call your football team wacky ;)
  • Options
    I'm sure It doesnt actually state in any religion that two people from different religions cannot marry.

It all blows down to the individual and their personal beliefs and how religious they are.

IF, (jumping way ahead in response to this thread being blown out of proportion) you wanted to marry someone of a different religion, there is always the possibilty of converting if you wanted to.

However, in my own opinion, It doesnt really matter. You can date or marry someone of a different religion. It shouldnt be an issue.
  • Options
    I wouldnt call your football team wacky ;)

I'd call yours wacky though!
  • Options
    It does matter in some ways and not in other ways.
    We both dont care about the rules about what can and cant be done before you get married.
    Like I've said before It is way too late for that now.:love::naughty: Actually the guy that I first was with was a christian, so was the first girl.
    It's just he rejected the trinity very openly,his faith is a form where they are non trinitarian, they are very into being persuasive and intense about there faith. I feel that without my ability to feel freedom in my experience of faith I don't think that there would be passion or intimacy anywhere in the relationship.:no: :crying: