Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Final salary at the end of your notice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently resigned from my job for a better one, and served my 4 week notice as garden leave as my employer requested.

I received my last paycheck today as it is the final day of garden leave, my employer has reduced my basic salary by £160.00, giving the reason that my 4 week notice period only covered 20 working days so they have calculated it as my daily rate (£96.15 x 20 = £1923.00.

Can they do this? i have never been paid based on daily rate, my usual salary prior to resigning was £25,000.00 p.a or £2083.00 per month.

any help/advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hiya,

They are correct; you've misinterpreted how they have calculated your final salary.

You've been paid for 28 days (4 weeks, as per your contract) rather than a calendar month.

A day rate of £96.15 would give you a GROSS salary of £2,980 a month. Which is a lot more than you were getting!

If you were paid £1923.00 for 28 days, that gives you a day rate of ~£68, which is a monthly salary of ~£2060. The variance is because months vary in number of days.

Olly