Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cat in a bin

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I adore cats :heart: The woman is clearly not normal, the cat wasn't even doing anything and appeared to be enjoying her initial show of affection. It was clearly premeditated as she keeps looking around to see if anyone is watching. Wtf?
  • Options
    TintedLens wrote: »
    The video is so odd. The fact that she stroked the kitten affectionally, first.

I don't think it's funny, and it's so sad that the cat was left in there for 15 hours.... but the spoof twitter account of hers is kinda amusing. I can look and snicker, but I'm not following. So it's okay. http://twitter.com/CatBinLady

lmao, bookmarked :D

favourite so far- In Tescos now. I've put some frozen sausages in with the cereals. They'll probably go off. I draw no pleasure from this.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seeing as you appear to have such absolutist attitude to animal welfare, answer me this: I care about animals but do eat meat. Should I start torturing my cats and kicking every dog I see on the street, to avoid any double standards and conform to the stereotype you so clearly wish all omnivores fall into?

Or should I continue to be a hypocritical incovenient bastard who has the temerity not to torture animals for fun even though I sometimes eat meat from responsible sources?

I guess I'd better start torturing all animals that cross my path, because that would make it all the more conveient and black-and-white for you, eh?
    I am for animal rights, animal welfare is a different branch of philosophy. :)

Quite a defensive attitude, it seems. I was merely pointing out the irony that people care about cats, not chickens.
  • Options
    I wouldn't advocate to put chickens in a bin either :confused:
  • Options
    It reminds me a bit of the poem Stealing by Duffy.

But serious, shutting a cat in a wheelie bin is like having a battery chicken. As much as I love cats, and hate battery chicken, my common sense is arguing with me.

Lmao at catbinlady though!
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    You use the internet, powered by electricity, a lot of it generated by non renewable sources. Use the internet and you kill the planet, and all the animals on it :)
    I'm not claiming moral high ground for anything, nor am I slagging off a woman for putting a cat in a bin when I pay for other people to torture less cute animals to please my palate.

I'm just amused at the people who make stupid facebook groups, post death threats and write misogynistic and ageist statements about a woman who could have mental health problems, when they pay for industries which abuse animals worse.

I actually don't give a shit what posters on here eat, or do.

But thank you for setting standards about how I should live. It saves me from thinking for myself. :thumb:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    I wouldn't advocate to put chickens in a bin either :confused:
    You have completely missed the point....

But it's late on a Friday, so have a beer on me.
  • Options
    I think it was a bit obvious I was being a touch sarcastic.
  • Options
    Ditto
  • Options
    at least she didnt roast the cat for sunday lunch.

Mrs Schrodinger cares more about animals than YOU
  • Options
    I've just seen it, twas a little funny. Yes, yes, naughty woman, still a little funny though.
  • Options
    put-cats-in-the-bin-herman10.gif
    cat_woman2.jpg
    56217f8c4af441503a7d6b8a4817d872_womancatbin.gif