Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stuck in a Love Triangle and really needing some advice!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,im a 14 year old girl who is currently stuck in a love triangle really needing some advice on what I should do :(

I am currently in a relationship and have been for 7 months,we both have some similar interests,mostly musical as we both play instruments and like the same genre of music (Rock,which is important as I want to be a famous musician).

Its not like its a bad relationship as it's a good one and he treats me right,although I do tend to feel uncomfortable around him in public and with my parents as im afraid he`ll say something stupid.
The other thing is his mothers really neurotic,hes not allowed round mine late and shes even rang up my mum with a rumour she heard,which was all lies.
The last thing is he never seems to call or text me and is only on msn not very long,which isnt that great either...

However I do love him,even with all this he's a nice,decent guy.

But...
Ive only just recently fallen for this other guy,we have alot more in common and he makes me feel comfortable around him,hes funny and I enjoy talking to him.Whats weird is he is my ideal man,everything is so perfect about him.
He is also willing to call me everyday while he's on holiday...my boyfriend has been on holiday a while now and i havent got one text or call from him yet.

Im really stuck,i've never had many boyfriends and this is my first relationship ive had for 4 years.

I know the the other guy really likes and cares about me and says he has support and wants me to be happy in whatever my desicion but I dont know what to do...
If I dont go with him theres always gonna be the voice in my head of 'what if?'...

Im not a heartbreaker but I know someones gonna get hurt at the end of it :(

Some advice right now would be really useful and how I should go about telling the person like my boyfriend if you think I should go with the other guy.

Thank you for reading,some advice would be greatly appreiciated! x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you are only 14 then I wouldnt worry about not having many bf's. I didnt have my first girl friend till I was 15.
    Hey,
    You like to guys right? Well that's a tricky one I think the second one you had mentioned sounds nicer and more careing. Have you tallked to boy #1 about why he's not texting is he allowed does he have credit?

Is boy #2 interested in any thing you like does hee play and instruments at all does he like rock music?

Talking to a guy at first can be hard but maybe talk to boy #1 about how you both feel about each other do you love each other more than you love boy #2.
    Hope all goes well *hug* x
    I dont intend to be mean, but at 14 and having confusion over two different boys at such an age, I doubt it is love.
    G wrote: »
    I dont intend to be mean, but at 14 and having confusion over two different boys at such an age, I doubt it is love.

After alot of reserch on age range and relationship loades of girls do teand to feel like this at the age of 13-14 x
    Of course they do, they are starting to go through puberty and have a rush of hormones running around them.
    Yeah thats correct now I feel ashamed I have yet not hit puberty and my friends have glad I haven't though x
    Why do you feel ashamed?
    Because all my mates havee hit puberty and starrted going through periods and all annoys me when they ask if I've started yet and then make fun of me oh well x
    Hardly a good group of friends if they are doing that to you.
    Hi Twilightaqua - welcome to the boards :wave:

It's great you're looking for advice so you can sort this situation out - as you say, the longer it carries on without you making a decision, the more likely it is that someone will get hurt.

We can't decide which guy to go for, as only you can make that decision - but it sounds like you are going about it in the right way - thinking about the positives and negatives of each situation. Troubled_youngster is right that one of the things you might want to think about is talking to your current boyfriend about what you feel is wrong with the relationship. Perhaps he didn't realise you felt this way and would be happy to make some changes? Would you be happier then or would you still want to try things with the new guy?

At the end of the day, even if one of the guys has loads of good points, part of your decision will be an emotional one - you sometimes have to go with your gut feeling on these things.

Perhaps if you do decide to end things with your current boyfriend, it might be a good idea to wait a while before getting together with this new guy - that might help make it easier for your ex. There's an article on slink about ending things with your boyfriend which might help you think about how to do it.

Hope this helps a bit!:)
    help

i think what you have to do is, ask your first dude with whom u have most things in common, try to settle matters out 4 u might never know,he might b the best and the right choice for you. Things just don't happen. Ur there both 4 a reason.

i blv this wl help.:)
    Christator wrote: »
    i think what you have to do is, ask your first dude with whom u have most things in common, try to settle matters out 4 u might never know,he might b the best and the right choice for you. Things just don't happen. Ur there both 4 a reason.

i blv this wl help.:)

This threads from 3 years ago, try to stick to more recent threads :thumb:
This discussion has been closed.