Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Workout routines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just come back from the gym. An hour of intense cardio (45 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical, 15 minutes of rowing, and 10 minutes cool down on the treadmill), and although I feel great, my legs are now pretty damn numb.

I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week, ideally 4-5 though. However, my life (and laziness) sometimes gets in the way..

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you have a general routine?

Do you exercise at the gym, at a class, go running, etc?

EDIT: Oops. Just realised this thread should have gone in the health & wellbeing forum - could someone move it for me, please? :)

Comments

• Options
    nope, not really.

i used to be proper obsessed with the gym. used to go 3-5 times per week and like yourself, did lots of cardio but also did weights as well.

i have an energetic, active job so thats my excuse for not going the gym :p my job involves LOTS of cycling and walking.

i do miss fitness classes though and because of that, i am looking for join a gym again. the problem is, they are soooooo expensive :grump:
  • Options
    Starting monday and including today I have been to the gym 4 times. Im not epic thin or super fast, however what I do have is mass endurance.

It might take me 45 mins to row 10k but I can keep on going at that pace for quite a lot longer. I might not be able to run super fast but I can set off at a pace and keep it there for quite a while.

Recently I have been doing a 10k row and then 20km on the bikes. Or instead of the bikes, about half hour on the x-trainer.

I havnt touched weights in a while, got reasonable strength though.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Starting monday and including today I have been to the gym 4 times. Im not epic thin or super fast, however what I do have is mass endurance.

It might take me 45 mins to row 10k but I can keep on going at that pace for quite a lot longer. I might not be able to run super fast but I can set off at a pace and keep it there for quite a while.

Recently I have been doing a 10k row and then 20km on the bikes. Or instead of the bikes, about half hour on the x-trainer.

I havnt touched weights in a while, got reasonable strength though.

I'm the complete opposite - I find it really hard to maintain the same speed (even if it's a relatively slow speed) for really long amounts of time. I get bored very easily, which is why my cardio work-outs are usually HIIT (high intensity interval training). I can go for much longer doing it this way then running 45 minutes an easier pace. Props to you though, I just don't have the mentality to keep my focus for that long. :lol:
  • Options
    nope, not really.

i used to be proper obsessed with the gym. used to go 3-5 times per week and like yourself, did lots of cardio but also did weights as well.

i have an energetic, active job so thats my excuse for not going the gym :p my job involves LOTS of cycling and walking.

i do miss fitness classes though and because of that, i am looking for join a gym again. the problem is, they are soooooo expensive :grump:

It's awesome that your job is active - mine isn't active at all - going to the gym burns off all that excess energy and keeps me from climbing up the walls. :razz:

And, they are expensive - I pay £45 a month to use my gym.. the membership is for any of their gyms in the UK, which suits me because there's one close to home, and another close to work. I hate being stuck in a 12 month contract, but knowing I'll be paying every month is somewhat motivating to go as much as possible. :lol:
  • Options
    Mine is free :)

As for speed, there will be some variation, more so where I realise ive gone a little slower or faster than I planned to, and will very slightly speed up or slow down, rather than put a sprint in.

I also train to be able to do movement consisting of walk/runs whilst carrying upwards of 50/60llbs in weight on my back too.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Mine is free :)

Is it in your garage? :cool:
  • Options
    I go to the gym about 5-6 times a week for about an hour and a half to two hours...normally after work. Sunday is generally my day off, mainly because I'm too hungover to do anything :p

I'm doing a lot of running at the minute and interval running/HIIT as I'm doing another 10K run next month :) Luckily my gym has an indoor running track which is good! Also do some cross training, spinning, rowing and weights to mix things up!
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Also do some cross training, spinning, rowing and weights to mix things up!

I've recently gotten into spinning, and I absolutely LOVE it! Killed me the first time, but it's improved my fitness quite dramatically. Really forces you to push yourself, but I swear to god the instructor is some kind of sadist. :lol:
  • Options
    TintedLens wrote: »
    Is it in your garage? :cool:

Nope its on a camp :)
  • Options
    I do weights on a 6 day cycle, 3 days on, 3 off. Usually hill walk after but I'm trying to learn to run so have been jogging instead. There are 2 off days in a row so I'll try to do a hard cardio on one or both of those days too. I'm much better at cardio since I've quit drinking :p

But mostly I go to watch people.
  • Options
    I aim to do 5467 press ups a day and about 4672 sit ups. I then stand in the mirror gazing at myself for hours on end. Pretty normal routine i think.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I aim to do 5467 press ups a day and about 4672 sit ups. I then stand in the mirror gazing at myself for hours on end. Pretty normal routine i think.

To be honest, I'd look at you posing in the mirror ;)
  • Options
    i usually do 2k of rowing, 15 minutes of an upper body machine called the "SciFit PRO1000" that is a bit like a cycling with your hands, 30 minutes of running on the treadmill's aerobic profile, 10 - 20 reps of each weights machine and a few press ups and sit ups and stretches to warm down. i think i get more fitness benefits from taekwondo sessions and mma self defence classes than i do from the gym though, but the gym is cheap because my dad works at the local university and can get family membership with staff discount. i only go to the gym twice a week but i do the tkd/mma stuff three times a week.
  • Options
    ... minutes of an upper body machine called the "SciFit PRO1000" that is a bit like a cycling with your hands...

I've got a couple of those at my gym. They confuse me... are they more for cardio than building strength? My upper body strength sucks quite a bit, as I can't use it for longer than 5 minutes. :lol:
  • Options
    10k row, 30 k bike and 10k x-trainer.

Damn I felt dizzy after that lot
  • Options
    I'm trying to conquer the rowing machine. It's a great work out, but I find it very hard compared to other cardio machines (due to my shit upper body strength, no doubt). Hopefully weight training will help me improve on this one.

How many strokes a minute do you usually average out at?
  • Options
    32/33
  • Options
    now i understand what the little box that says s/m means.. strokes/minute.. it is obvious now :D
  • Options
    I go to the gym 3 times a week

I do 2 gym sessions and a boxercise class! :)

i enjoy it! :) and my body looks better for it as well

Im gonna keep with it, it makes me feel good!

I just wish i could healthy too :( xx