Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

dating a new guy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a new relationship starting, I like him a lot, I don't want to screw it up. We are going to the movies. I haven't dated for a while,
Do you kiss a guy at the end of a first date?
It's weird I have had a lot of casual relationships that involved sex but this seems so scary. :angel: :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    awwww i hope you have a good date :) I think kissing after a first date is a really subjective thing, i don't see any harm, if you feel like you want to and you want to continue seeing the guy :)
    Hey sapphire :wave:

skakitty is right, see how it goes and try to just relax and enjoy it. If the moment happens and a kiss feels right then go for it :) If you're not sure, it doesn't mean it won't happen on the second date. It really depends but there's certainly nothing wrong with it!

You'll be fine, just be yourself and see what happens.. are you going anywhere before/after the cinema?
    Not wanting to kiss at the end of a first date doesnt mean you will never kiss them, it just means you dont want to kiss them right there and then, or maybe you do and you just want to be able to appreciate it for a while once the situation if correct ie romantic and alone as opposed to unromantic and surrounded by people.
    Hi sapphire,

That is great that you are going on a date with a guy you really like! It is always nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time when you start dating someone at the beginning.
    The Follow up article here shows how to secure a second date ;) so have a look at this as it could help.

For other date ideas here is a link to Old fashion dates which are still very in and have a little sense of romance too.

Remember that whatever you decide to do on the date, whether you kiss him or not, it's completely up to you. See how you feel at the time and it will all come flowing naturally.

Good luck!