Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Should I go back?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Last September I left Sixth Form after only a few days to start up my own business.

For quite a while I had on and off depression, which I regrettably bottled up. People who I once considered friends showed their true colours. The idea of moving on and start a business doing what I enjoy seemed a great idea. Over time I would build my business, and start others. I had this determination and enthusiasm. Everything would work out.

But it kinda fell to pieces. Transition shock set in. The ever decreasing number of friends began to grate. I was no longer enthused, but confused. I still am to a certain extent. I'm trying to get on with a project at the moment, but keep procrastinating.

I am wondering if I should go back, in part. Only take AS Business Studies, with plenty of time to work on my business/es.

I know I don't need it to be successful, but I have the inkling I need it - to give me a kick where it's needed. I look for the motivation and I guess comfort of having this legitimacy behind me. I know my old School do January intake, so that's okay. Whether they'd let me take only one subject, that's another matter.

My Sixth Form is conveniently located. The other options mean commuting, so I'd like to avoid that if possible. My problem I guess is facing other people. Meeting new people is fine, it's the old faces that worry me.

What would you do if you were in my position?

Long, drawn out and I guess not that suited to this part of the forum - but I can't think where else it could go!

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hiiiii,

its really good that you're processing some options.

let me ask you, since you've been out of school, doesn't it just feel like one big long summer holiday that just gets more boring as it goes on?

if so, then maybe you are missing a bit of structure, and some time in a school would help out. if not, maybe sports team, community volunteering.... i think just try to engage 1) with other people 2) with structure, so you have something to look forward to.

whats your business about?
    hiiiii,

its really good that you're processing some options.

let me ask you, since you've been out of school, doesn't it just feel like one big long summer holiday that just gets more boring as it goes on?

if so, then maybe you are missing a bit of structure, and some time in a school would help out. if not, maybe sports team, community volunteering.... i think just try to engage 1) with other people 2) with structure, so you have something to look forward to.

whats your business about?

I completely forgot I posted on here! Thanks for your reply! :)

Yes! It does feel like a drawn out summer holiday! Everything feels just that bit more futile as each day goes by.

I'm currently looking into going back in some capacity, so I'll see how that goes.

I have a number of things going on, but the one I'm currently working on is selling musical instruments online. Guitars mainly.
    I think that you probably should the only thing that you should bear in mind is that the government will only pay for you to do X year of higher education (I think its 3 but i'm not entirely sure) which means if you went back only did AS business studies then you might not then be able to do something you really wanted to do later in life like lots of A-Levels or an NVQ or something...