Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could give me some help about the Flexible New Deal, I have been on the DWP and also the direct gov website but there was a lack of information. Here are some questions that I would need information on:

1) How long is it for ?
2) Who are the Providers you are put with ?
3) Can you be forced into a job by your provider / or into an industry you have no knowledge off ?

Appreciate all your feedback....

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    eh?
  • Options
    Look on google annie, to the first poster I have had a look around quickly, but cant find anything specifically. However one of the moderators around here might know something about it.
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hi MrShyDrops :wave:

Did you see this page on direct.gov?

As I understand you will be with the Flexible New Deal until you find a job – up to a maximum time of a year. This includes a 4 week period of work experience and the possibility of other relevant training. You are still required to go to the Jobcentre as normal during this time. If after a year with the FND you have not found employment then the JobCentre will work more closely with you again, building on the skills and experiences you have gained over the year.

Providers are the organisations who will support you in finding employment through the FND. They will work with you to develop a personalised action plan to help you find a job. Providers are different depending on where you live so you will need to speak to your local Jobcentre to find out who your provider will be. Not all areas are running the FND yet and may still be providing the older New Deal programme, so its worth finding out from your Jobcentre.

As I understand you will work with a Flexible New Deal Adviser to draw up an action plan which will take into consideration your current skills, experience and your interests. It would be unlikely that they would force you to take employment that is not suited to you as it is in their interest to ensure you are happy in any role – but it’s worth making sure you contribute fully to discussions about what you want to do and where you would be happiest as well.

I hope this helps. It's worth bearing in mind that the FND is relatively new and hasn't been rolled out across the whole country yet so there maybe a lack of information online. Therefore, I would recommend you speak to your Jobcentre adviser for more in-depth answers specific to your area.

Good luck :thumb:

Laura