Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Crash weight gain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought this today from Holland and Barratt and It's meant to bulk you up, as long as taken with meals. so i'm going to eat 2 meals day. I'm 23, 6ft and only weigh 9st. I've also borrowed my mates cycling machine, to tone my muscles. The women said i should manage to put a stone on in 2 months if i stick to the powder and eat regulary. Has anyone used this or similiar products and had results?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want to put weight on, why not eat 3 meals a day?
    I don't have a good appetite and sometimes can go all day without eating, i just wanted to try this stuff and maybe as i start to eat better i can eat 3 meals a day. Is chicken, cottage pies, bacon and other meats good for weight gain?
    Im not sure that stuff will help you gain a bigger appetite.

Do you reckon its the lack of appetite as to why you are the weight you are?
    Well there is times i do eat mince and meals just not regularly. And i've always been thin, it could be a genetic thing. The women in the shop said some people have a fast metabolism, so no matter how much they eat they can't put on weight. I hate my weight i'm not after a sixpack (although it would be nice) but i just want to be an average size. I'm aiming for 12st then try to get to 14st that would build my confidence to. I'.wondering though if i'm taking this powder and eating, won't the exercise burn off the calories?
    Exercise will burn off calories yes, but its better to be the weight you want to be and fit, than unfit.

You just have to consume more calories than you burn, sounds simple though I do understand it isnt :P