Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Jobs for under 18s?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, not been on here in a long long LONG time but I remembered that people here are awesome, so I thought I might as well ask :D

Like the title says, I'm currently 16 (and about 7 months) and I'm finding myself a bit low on cash. Because of various crazy school things I've never even had a paper round but have got a couple of work experience oppurtunities over this summer. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any jobs that someone my age would be able to do? I'm sticking with school until I'm 18 and because of crazy timetabling, I can only really work Sundays and holidays (I'm mainly thinking holidays). I'm enthusiastic and happy to do most jobs, but obviously lacking experience too. I've looked at a few websites of major supermarkets, but beyond that I'm fairly unsure as to where I should look next.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I remember spending a good 6 months handing my CV in to pretty much every shop, cafe, agency I could find. I ended up working at my local ice rink between the ages of 16-18. I worked Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays as well as during the holidays. They paid minimum wage and overall, it wasn't amazing but if anything it made me work harder at 6th form because I was determined not to spend the rest of my life working there!

Many of my friends as well as my little brother managed to get weekend sales assistant jobs and a few of them managed to transfer to other branches when they went to uni so they could earn some extra cash there.

Good luck!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, Xmas hols will be coming up kinda soon and places always need extra people then - shops, supermarkets etc. In the mean time though, i'd hand your CV out to lots of places, shops, supermarkets, cafes, restuarants - maybe even pubs for kitchen work. Hotels maybe for reception work? Gyms, theatres...