Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cheap PAYG

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Im looking for a cheap pay as you go phone, dont matter to much about the phone, but more so which network to use. It will mainly be texting over calls, with the chance that will receive more than we send. Intent is to use it for a section duty phone (but self funded).
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how many people will use it? and how much do you expect to use it? 5 a day, 10 a day?
    At the minute its just between two/three of us, as a phone to have a hold off, so none of us have to keep on passing our personal mobile numbers out at work. Also so if someone needs to get in touch with us, if someone is on holiday or has left/posted elsewhere, its like a central thing.

The only use is likely to be replying to ring back people who try to make appointments, and the odd call here and there, and occasional text perhaps.

Tempted by orange so we can have orange wednesdays.
    Asda. 4p per text, 8p per minute. Uses the Vodafone network...
    Tesco, uses the O2 network. Vodaphone are terrible. You get the triple credit thing too.

http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/payasyougo.aspx?page=4
    Oooh

However I dont think we would be topping up £10 a month.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Tesco, uses the O2 network. Vodaphone are terrible. You get the triple credit thing too.

http://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/payasyougo.aspx?page=4

Yup, that's why I left them. But they have great coverage in many places, and they're definitely worth considering if it's good in the areas needed...