Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Extremely Depressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ARGHHHH SOOOOOOOO DOWN.!!
I HAVE A ED AND SO BEEN OVER EXERCISING BUT NOW I HAVE BIG UGLY DISCUSTING MUSCULES!!!! HELP PLZZZZ
HOW DO U GET RID OF THEM!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your muscle mass will reduce if the muscles aren't used. Try not to push yourself so much with the exercise and the muscle will not be as prominent
  • FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Oh sorry to hear you are feeling so down depressedgal. You said yourself you have an ED is this something you are seeing anyone about? If not it might be worth getting some help or advice as a first point of call go to your GP for advice.

Have any friends or family noticed the difference in your muscles? It might just be that you think they are too big when actually they are perfectly normal. Its not good to get dependant on exercise and for your body shape to keep changing so drastically. The trick is to do just enough exercise and get a balanced diet too.
    You may be interested to read this quite inspirational story from someone who has battled with their own body image. So you are not alone and there is help out there if you want it.

Take care of yourself,
    Fiz
    Thanks huni :)
    at the moment i go to a ed group but ent been for 2 sessions but thinking of going tomorrow.
    no my muscles r big sis and mum sed.. i dont get it im underweight with big muscles so surely im fat :(
    hugs x
    Muscle weighs more than fat, so if your weight is up that could be the reason. Being underweight with big muscles doesn't make you fat, the defined muscles probably bulk you out and might be causing you to feel fat. You should try going to your ed group and see what their view on the matter is.

Hope you get on ok
    I know this is stupid but id rather die than look muscley !! its gross i want to end my life x
    But you can do something about being muscely. Don't exercise as regularly, and if you are still feeling uncomfortable about being muscular then consult your GP. Also mention how you feel at your ed group. Someone there may of experienced the same kind of problem and may be able to help advise on the best course of action. You don't have to end your life over this, just start to make changes to make yourself feel more comfortable about yourself and how you look
    *hug*
    I know this is stupid but id rather die than look muscley !! its gross i want to end my life x

Hey DepressedGal,
    This is not actually stupid I know many girls who feel like you. I would think you would still look pretty with or with out mucles. But if nobody had muscles who would carry my mother groceries in to the house. And don't end your liife over this, you have so many friend (includeing me) who would miss you sooo very very very much and after looking at the picture on your home page I think you look dead pretty and would with muscles as well. *hug*

Take care
    Annie xx