Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Searches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As a newbie here Im a bit disheartened by the number of times peeps are told to "do a search"
Thats fine, I dare say many of the subjects have been covered before and you may well find the answer to your questions.

However, new peeps are joining this board all the time and have their own experiences and opinions to add. Its not possible to do this if a subject is closed.

Right, grumble over. Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Searches
    Originally posted by Bandit4911
    As a newbie here Im a bit disheartened by the number of times peeps are told to "do a search"
    Thats fine, I dare say many of the subjects have been covered before and you may well find the answer to your questions.

However, new peeps are joining this board all the time and have their own experiences and opinions to add. Its not possible to do this if a subject is closed.

I quite agree !

I always think there is a bit of an elitist snobbery going on, when I see it.

In fact you can never win, as I once added a reply to what is considered a closed post, & got all sorts of responces blasted at me.

I'm with you Bandit4911, us newbies should band together !
  • Options
    Re: Searches

Yeah, i see what you getting at but there is a FAQ sheet so it might help to read that before posting these topics. This saves you getting flamed (particularly by Turtle, you'll soon meet him if you havnt already).

And anyway, whats this got to do wit sex?:rolleyes: WRONG FORUM!!
  • Options
    Perhaps you should just read the FAQ and Good Manners Guides. The GMG was written by the regular users, and contains some very valid points.

This forum is heavily moderated because that is what the regulars asked for, but I'll let some of our longer-term posters tell you why that's what they want.

If people blast you, ask yourself why.
  • Options
    Its got everything to do with sex. Its a bit frustrating when someone asks a question and I am prevented from giving my opinion or experience because the subject has been covered before. My opinion may not be worth much but I consider that if someone asks a question its being asked of everyone using the board, not just those who were here the first time it was asked.

Anyway, rant finished, back to the real stuff...............
  • Options
    Re: Re: Searches
    Originally posted by angelbabe

And anyway, whats this got to do wit sex?:rolleyes: WRONG FORUM!!

Because it seems to happen more on the sex forum.
  • Options

Anyway, rant finished, back to the real stuff...............

The real stuff being what? :confused:
  • Options
    well slappa my thigh................................:D

Work unfortunately:(
  • Options
    When I say 'try a search' (and I do say that whenever appropriate) it is not meant to be dismissive.

Have you any idea how often I've said my piece on posts about making it last longer, how long its supposed to last, what good tips are, how to perform oral sex, etc?

The answer is more than enough :)

So yes, there could be a brand new discussion on it, and that's great - but you'll not have some of the best posters - the one's who've survived the test of time - saying much yet again.

I'm hoping ...
    (hint, hint, Karla, Susie and Dom) that now we have this lovely new forum we'll finally get a single thread made sticky that links to some of the best previous discussions on all of the most common topics (remember whowhere's definitive threads thingy?).

When I say to try a search, it is not to stop the new discussion, but rather to let you know there are already a wealth of great replies out there, that are unlikely to be repeated yet again. By all means discuss it anew - but don't forget to view some of the previous replies - the absolute thread-stoppers that we've had before.

Perhaps (Karla, et al) we shouldn't lock the new threads, but simply point to the old ones and then let the newbies (apologies for the term) discuss it with the same freedom we once had?
  • Options
    Yeah. What 'e said.

:D
  • Options
    Wise words Black Knight. That just about sums it up. I like you am of an age a little older than most of the posters on this board and as such at times feel that I have a contribution to make due to personal experience.

However, that doesnt mean I cant learn from previous posts!

The idea of being directed to appropriate earlier posts is the right way in my view.
  • Options
    I agree with black knight. There would be no point in a sex forum if no topic could be discussed twice. :)