Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Holidays for a single woman

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Sooo London is starting to grate on me a bit and it has been suggested that I need to take a break and go on holiday.

Tbh, since my parents divorced, I haven't really done the holiday thing, apart from the odd family trip to Prestatyn, or a coach trip to Cornwall. We couldn't afford that...

Well, I'm twenty six and looking to actually go somewhere. Hopefully not Haven, or a camp site full of families or a coach full of drunk people in their twenties being rowdy.

I just absolutely don't know what I'd do on holiday, as it's something I haven't thought about much. I have thought about maybe a meditation or yoga retreat, or a detox course... Maybe a walking holiday... Basically, if I am not active, or learning something, I feel I have wasted time.

Any ideas on places to go?

Somewhere affordable too.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The national trust do working holidays which look quite fun and cheap - https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-trust/w-volunteering/w-workingholidays.htm

I'd quite like to go on a Yoga Retreat but the one which my yoga teacher offers is super expensive for just a few days though i'm sure you might be able to find a more cost effective one - I think they'd pretty much be exclusively single women.
  • Options
    I went to a Buddhist retreat and it was lovely and also affordable. :) The one I went to was women only, but they have a mixed retreat and men as well (I guess it depends on your preference, the place is close to my parents).

National Trust looks cool!
  • Options
    Tripadvisor.com is a great website for researching places to go, i booked a holiday through the sun newspaper for about £40 for five days after collecting tokens, we stayed at a top caravan site right on the shores of Lake Garda in Italy, we flew to milan and got the train, I planned the whole trip thanks to that website, i knew what trains to get, where to go, we see Verona, Venice, Mount Baldo, nice places around the lake.

My advice is think of a location and search online for what to do in that area and where there is to go and take it from there... :thumb:
  • Options
    If you're up for a walking holiday you can't beat the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District. There's a fair amount of hostel accommodation as well, if you're looking to do it relatively cheap.