Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Creative opportunity for 13-19 year-olds

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Thought some of you might be interested in this...

Do you have something you want to say? Are you interested in film or photography? If you're aged 13-19 apply to www! and make a film or create a series of photos to tell the world about an issue you feel passionate about. Ten lucky projects will receive professional training, equipment hire, funding and screening and exhibition opportunities.

After selection through application and interview, www! 2010 starts with a training and project development week from 23 -27 August, evening meetings with industry professionals and shoots from September - October. Post-production takes place in October half-term, with the showcase and exhibition in November.

You’ll develop your project with the support of media mentors and also get the opportunity to meet professionals working in the film and photography industry who can offer additional advice on your work. After receiving training you’ll use industry standard equipment to produce your project, plus you can apply for up to £500 to help complete it.
We know you’re busy so www! aims to work around you, with an initial training and project development week at the end of August, further development meetings, where you’ll also get the chance to meet other industry professionals, take place in the evening with shoots planned for weekends in September and October when you’re available.

Even better, the course is recognised with AQA unit awards, so you get an accreditation to put on your CV. After the project we will continue to work with you to get your films entered into film festivals and your photos into further exhibition, plus we’ll signpost you to further opportunities in the media.

The deadline for applications is this Wednesday 11th August at 5pm. To download an application form, and for more information, please see our website www.futureversity.org/whatwewant If you have any queries, please email whatwewant@futureversity.org or call 020 7392 7820

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow that sound amazing and I'm old enough to I havee to tell my dad I'll do it on teen social life! how cool x
    **Annie** wrote: »
    Wow that sound amazing and I'm old enough to I havee to tell my dad I'll do it on teen social life! how cool x

good luck with that.

:heart:

i am sure you're a great writer.

would love to read your work someday.

:)
    good luck with that.

:heart:

i am sure you're a great writer.

would love to read your work someday.

:)

Yeah I have a different web site for that as well just reading through stories and commenting x
    And thanks your so sweeeet xx