Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

absent period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am sorry for having the same type of thread but I could only find one thread and it didn't answer my question.

Basically my period this month has not turned up at all. I have done 2 tests and both say negative! I am on the contrecptive pill and have had light periods in the past but never had it not turn up.

I only messed up on my pill one day and that was that I took it around 10 hours late coz I was in hospital with concussion, but taking it late has not caused a problem in the past.

I am not stressed at the moment or on any crash diets so I am a bit concerned about where my period is. I would have thought that if I was pregnant enough to stop my period it would show up on a test!

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might be?

Thanks

AFA

x x x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there AFA :wave:

Bit of a puzzle hey? If you still find that nothing turns up this week its probably best to get in touch with the pros - you could give NHS direct a call to check out their advice and guidance. They can do an online check if you'd rather - click here to get started.

As you're already, there are lots of reasons why you haven't come on yet and there's no need to panic.

Take care
    Thanks for that, I'm gonna do another test tomorrow as it will then be a week late to see if there is any news there as when I was speaking to a friend of mine who has had a baby she said alot of the things i'm saying sound like pregnancy :(.

Will let you know

x x x
    I'm sort of in similar situation. Have joined the forums to get advice.

So not what I need right now :(
    I have just posted on your thread hun, hope it turns out the best for you x x x
    I'm suffering from exactly the same thing although I'm not on the pill or have anything to blame. I want to have the coil put in but they won't do it as I've not had a period since December and had a slight accident at the weekend so had to take the MAP, but yet still no period! Very annoying...all pregnancy tests I;ve done, about 4 of them, have been negative so god knows whats happening!!
    well since posting the origional post I have been talking to a friend of mine and she asked how I am feeling and when I told her she said it does sound like I am, and that she didnt have a postive result till she was 3 weeks late, so I suppose I am going to have to wait and see! If I'm not pregnant then I wish my body would stop giving me signs like I am lol