Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Football Championship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello,

I decided it'd be a good idea to create a thread for the Championship seen as it is starting for most teams today. :d

I'm watching the Leeds vs Derby County match at the moment and really hoping that we don't have a home loss to start the new season after last season's promotion. Schmeichel has pulled off some great saves in lieu of a proper defence from Leeds, Derby's keeper isn't a push over either from what I can see. :grump:

PS. Interestingly, Firefox put a red line under Schmeichel, so I right clicked to see what it suggested, and it turns out that 'Schumacher' is in the Firefox dictionary :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As I said in the 'which team do you support thread', the Derby result isn't the end of the world. 2-1 isn't an awful result, although it could have been worse if it wasn't thanks to Schmeichel. I'm sure he's going to be vital to our season.
    But we looked going forward at times, scored a good goal, were piling on the pressure towards the end of the game.
    We were missing Kisnorbo at the back, and you could tell the new defenders need more time to gel. Could have done with Snodgrass on the attack too.

Should be a good season all round, lots of good teams, lots of competition.