Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is the worst thing you've eaten?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why not ;)

Grossest thing eaten today I mean.

Today I had a really shitty peach. I felt like I was in the Sinfield episode, I know fruit is a gamble going into it, yet there is a part of me that wants to return the rest of the ones I bought, they said if I wasn't satisfied I could... :p

Comments

• Options
    the worst thing i've eaten?

is that for all time or just for today.

today it had to be a slice of almost dry toast (well a little bit of marmite on it) but not too much.

in all though, the worst thing i've ever eaten is tuna pasta bake.

it's icky, i tell you
  • Options
    I absolutely hate ox tail. Not the popular tinned soup variety, but I mean the meat on the bone variety.
  • Options
    Well, today I haven't eaten anything particularly gross, but how about this:

We stopped over in Singapore a few years back. It was hot and everything we wanted to see seemed to be closed. Hubby was in a foul mood (v. rare) and hungry (typical). We decided to get a taste of the "real" Singapore by wandering over to the Chinese side of town. Unfortunately, being away from the tourist areas, we couldn't read any of the menus outside the restaurants, so we picked a sort of Chinese "fast food" joint with pictures of the dishes over the counter. There was a lot of bemused finger pointing during which the only words we could understand from the staff were "rice" and "noodles". Eventually we ordered "something" with noodles. :yum:

When the "something" arrived, it was an innocuous-looking bowl of soup. I'm not usually squeemish, but each time we put a spoon into the bowl, we disturbed weird-looking fish (I think!) body parts that floated to the surface. :eek:

I think we managed about 3 spoonfuls each before making our excuses ...
  • Options
    Well, today I haven't eaten anything particularly gross, but how about this:

We stopped over in Singapore a few years back. It was hot and everything we wanted to see seemed to be closed. Hubby was in a foul mood (v. rare) and hungry (typical). We decided to get a taste of the "real" Singapore by wandering over to the Chinese side of town. Unfortunately, being away from the tourist areas, we couldn't read any of the menus outside the restaurants, so we picked a sort of Chinese "fast food" joint with pictures of the dishes over the counter. There was a lot of bemused finger pointing during which the only words we could understand from the staff were "rice" and "noodles". Eventually we ordered "something" with noodles. :yum:

When the "something" arrived, it was an innocuous-looking bowl of soup. I'm not usually squeemish, but each time we put a spoon into the bowl, we disturbed weird-looking fish (I think!) body parts that floated to the surface. :eek:

I think we managed about 3 spoonfuls each before making our excuses ...

sounds icky.

if that happened to me, i would just freak out.
  • Options
    Chocolate Mirang &
    Choocolate moose x
  • Options
    Lots of chocolate
  • Options
    Lots of chocolate

:confused:

chocolate?

most people are crazy over some type of chocolate.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    i was thinking healthwise... ok.. worst... shitty old orange that looked nice on the fruit stall
  • Options
    The worst thing I've eaten was, hmmn, dunno. Today it was, hmmn, nothing was bad so I can't answer that.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    The worst thing I've eaten was, hmmn, dunno. Today it was, hmmn, nothing was bad so I can't answer that.

So you liked everything and didn't hate the tinyest things?

Well let me give you a face never eat loades of sweets then eat pizza later my sis puked every where eeew x
  • Options
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    So you liked everything and didn't hate the tinyest things?

Well let me give you a face never eat loades of sweets then eat pizza later my sis puked every where eeew x

:yuck:

:no:

poor sis.

i'm sure she's learnt her lesson now though, eat the pizza first, and then if there is room eat the sweets.
    :yes:

hope she's feeling better.
  • Options

poor sis.

i'm sure she's learnt her lesson now though, eat the pizza first, and then if there is room eat the sweets.
    :yes:

hope she's feeling better.

Yeah then we made our cousin eat her sick we were playing dear devil he did it tho x
  • Options
    I'm sure that during some tired and emotional episode, I probably ate something from an Edinburgh late night eatery that I'd rather not know any more about.
  • Options
    Can I chose a drink? Sidekick coockies and cream, so gross I feel like taking it back!
  • Options
    drink wise, tomato juice.

that has to be the worst drink ever made that is actually drinkable
  • Options
    Have you tried carrot juice? Or mixed veg juice? I remember being disgusted by them as a child, and then never trying them again. Not even vodka could induce me to try them, maybe.
  • Options
    Have you tried carrot juice? Or mixed veg juice? I remember being disgusted by them as a child, and then never trying them again. Not even vodka could induce me to try them, maybe.

i've not.

sounds nasty just thinking about it.
  • Options
    My recipe of chocolate pizza *blah* never making one again x
  • Options
    **Annie** wrote: »
    My recipe of chocolate pizza *blah* never making one again x

chocolate pizza?

would never want to try that.
  • Options
    pink lady apple :yuck: normally i love em but this one was soft and mushy and gross!

grossest thing ive eeever eaten though was a mcains chip that tasted of cow poo . ive never actually eaten cow poo u understand, but thats what it tasted like!! i havent bought mcains chips since :chin:
  • Options
    Worst thing I've eaten was chicken feet on holiday :yuck:
    It tasted disgusting before I knew what it was!
  • Options
    I had the worst Subway, today. They didn't have my favourite bread, put way too much sauce in it, not enough olives, and too many green peppers.

Was most disappointing.
  • Options
    Today involved a new level of disgusting. I had a bit of a mate's durian. How that can be considered edible is beyond me.
  • Options
    Today involved a new level of disgusting. I had a bit of a mate's durian. How that can be considered edible is beyond me.

I just looked that up on google and one of the first descriptions of the links that came up was

Durian Fruit can best be described as having a succulent, creamy filling but smelling like stinky socks

Sounds delicous :p
  • Options
    I hate Gherkins...
  • Options
    of all time? shark.
    today? an 'extra mature' mini chedder. tasted like old ball sack.
  • Options

That's my bestest ever, anything juices, all the goodness without the chewing, sure we need fibre but givingthe face muscles and insides a rest..

i love my juicer!

sour milk is the worst thing i remember ingesting! it makes me shudder thinking about it..
  • Options
    Not worst, but MOST disappointing.

Went to an Italian restaurant years ago, and this fucking old queen kept banging on about some Italian desert called carranara or something like that. 'Everyone must have one' he says so i'm expecting at least chocolate, probably whipped cream and maybe alcohol.

What do i get ?

A small bowl of warm sugary water with lemon peel in it.
  • Options
    drink wise, tomato juice.

Used to love Bloody Marys, not anymore. Was in a gay club once and the drag act come on. Has a glass of tomato juice then takes a tampon out of it and sucks it dry :yuck:
  • Options
    I really wish you hadn't shared that, RubberSkin!:yuck: