Home Home, Law & Money

Namee change

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
It's Alarna again. Say I wanted to change my name, how would I do it and what do I have to go through?

Because I hate my name thanks for reading x
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh no I have put to E in the title now thats going to annoy me x

    Alarna x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's a little typo/spelling mistake in your sig too, not that it matters to me but, you seem interested in neatness so I thought I'd point that out for you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    'Depreesed' and shouldn't it be 'I've'?

    And if you want your name changed PM a mod.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you mean your real name then it is actually very easy, i changed mine a few weeks ago by deed poll it was probably a little more complicated because of my circumstances but even so it was quick and easy, but you dont have to go that far if you dont want to, you can call yourself anything you like.
    I went to my local CAB and they gave me all the help i needed, you can also look on the yougov website i found lots of info on there.
    If you mean your name on here then ask a mod and ignore my ramblings :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello - just moving this in to Home, Law & Money as it may well get lost in the Waste Time forum. Here's a link to the deedpoll service Louisek mentioned, you do need to be 16 to change your name: http://www.ukdps.co.uk/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    There's a little typo/spelling mistake in your sig too, not that it matters to me but, you seem interested in neatness so I thought I'd point that out for you.



    i was going to mention that too, but i like her signature too much to even mention it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Louisek wrote: »
    If you mean your real name then it is actually very easy, i changed mine a few weeks ago by deed poll it was probably a little more complicated because of my circumstances but even so it was quick and easy, but you dont have to go that far if you dont want to, you can call yourself anything you like.
    I went to my local CAB and they gave me all the help i needed, you can also look on the yougov website i found lots of info on there.
    If you mean your name on here then ask a mod and ignore my ramblings :yes:



    i never thought the thread was originally about that.

    that's a good point
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    'Depreesed' and shouldn't it be 'I've'?

    And if you want your name changed PM a mod.



    i'm not sure if it's depressed or deppressive. i think she meant depressed.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And yes, if you meant your user name here on the boards just PM me or **helen** and we can discuss that with you :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No my real name Alarna I wanna name starting with A like Anna or Annie something like that x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hello - just moving this in to Home, Law & Money as it may well get lost in the Waste Time forum. Here's a link to the deedpoll service Louisek mentioned, you do need to be 16 to change your name: http://www.ukdps.co.uk/

    Can I get my parents to change it if I'm under 16 ?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    Can I get my parents to change it if I'm under 16 ?

    Yes your parents can change it for you, although i think Alarna is a very nice and interesting name.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And not very common I want a common name.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Alarna is quite a common name, well... I know an Alana and an Alannah.

    Why do you want a more common name anyway?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Father told me something about names and told us the meanings and how common and everything is,
    My brother and sisters all have religiouse names which are also very common x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    No my real name Alarna I wanna name starting with A like Anna or Annie something like that x



    Alarna's a cool name. maybe i say that because i don't know many people with the name Alarna so it's something nice and diffrent.

    :)

    it's pretty too
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    exactly x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the only other name i really like with A is angela.

    i have a friend called angela.

    :cool:

    see the health thread.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know I saw it I don't want a unique name I want a common name and not Angela x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't like my name either, maybe it needs changing too.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What is it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    What is it?



    it's a secret.

    :no:

    :crazyeyes

    don't make me.. it's nasty.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're young, Alarna. (Under 16, anyway?) My advice is don't do anything too permanent by way of a change. I hated my name when I was young. (It's Irish and slightly oddly spelled.) But I've grown to like it and am now always flattered when people tell me how much they like it - especially the way it's spelled.

    Why not just shorten it to something like Allie for the time being?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm gettiing it changed yay how cool x :yippe:
    Hated the name Alarna banana
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    I'm gettiing it changed yay how cool x :yippe:
    Hated the name Alarna banana



    that's cool for you.

    *hug*

    enjoy your new name.

    :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't changed it yet I have to think of one now oh fiddle sticks should have thought of that earlier x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Alice or Aime
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you want a common name? I prefer interesting, rarer names.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What does Alarna rhyme with?
    - Sara
    - Danielle
    - Franky
    - Abbie
    - Amy
    - Elouise

    Which one?
This discussion has been closed.