Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

SelfHarm¥Issue.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok hi again. ♪♭♪♭♪♭
I know this person lets call her "a friend" she cuts her self on a regular basis and a few cuts a day she enjoyes the feeling of pain and watching the blood drip from her arm she's like addicted to harming her self. She has 5 plans to harm her self a feels like one day she will attept then and she doesn't want to let anyone know including ChildLine or a trusted adult yeah she has called ChildLine before but had found it really hard to discuss her issue with the counciller she told the ChildLine counciller some things about family life and everything and the the councilleer said ways of coping instead of self harm x

She has to cry her self to sleep at night and struggles to sleep at night she get under 4 hrs sleep. She has a recurring nightmare a man with a knife with his mouth sealed up like his life was ruined and he wants to ruin other people life as well.

she has many thoughts about suicide and finds it hard to cope with all the difficulties and stress in life.

She has tried Dr counciller private therepy and had loades of support and she feel's like her life is all ruined and mixed up and she can't do anything about it.

Sshould she suffer in silent or try solve all her problems by her self.

She's so very confused and needs to know exactly what to do about it.

Xx※

Comments

• Options
    OK, well first of all, with this "friend" I was wondering... how long ago did she have therapy / see a doctor? Its because someone must know about what she went through / is going through. You say your "friend" won't tell a trusted adult, but I think she must have had to to have therapy and counselling, so is there any way she can talk to that same adult again?

Noone should have to suffer in silence, or solve all their problems on their own. But at the same time, its very hard for you - as her "friend" - to change that for her. You can encourage her to seek help and offer to accompany her to see her doctor or someone else, however this has to be at her pace, and it may be frustrating but you can't push her. She should come round in time :)

For the time being, perhaps you could show her these pages? Confiding in someone and coping tips and distractions.

Might also wanna check out ChildLine's confidentiality info, would be really great if she could get in touch with them.
  • Options
    hey
    I agree with purplestarfish that if things havent got better since your friend has spoke to a counciller she should try speaking to them again or to a different one.
    I started self harming quite a few months ago but im a really shy person and havent been able to tell anyone about my problems. I'm sure a few people i know have seen the marks but no-one has spoke to me about it, and it deos make me feel like i have to overcome this alone because i cant even tell my best friend about it (im to shy and scared she will think about me differently once she knows).
    so maybe just let her know she isnt alone and has someone she can talk to if she feels she cant speak to an adult right now and perhaps encourage her to speak to someone who can really help her when you think she's ready. :)
  • Options
    ": she enjoyes the feeling of pain and watching the
    blood drip from her arm

this is not to come across the wrong way, but i don't think she enjoys it as such, i think it's her way of saying, okay.. i can't deal with this, i need to feel better about myself. trust me, i've had plenty of experiences with this.