Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sex In The Bath - Is It Dangerous?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've heard that having sex in the bath can be dangerous for girls because water can get drawn into the vagina and runs the risk of causing embolisms. Can anyone confirm whether this is true of is it just a rumour? Are there any other dangers with having sex in the bath?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Er, I don't think so. At least, I've always been fine. Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
  • Options
    Depends on the size of the plug hole, doesn't it?

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

Teehee

:D:D:D
  • Options

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yeah i'm pretty sure its true.

If in doubt, don't do it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Yeah i'm pretty sure its true.

If in doubt, don't do it!

?????????????

Peeps have been shagging underwater for yonks! I'm not convinced.

CossieT25, wait until you have a definitive answer. Don't rule it out completely 'til then 'cause you'd be missing out on a lot of fun ;)
  • Options
    You should always practise safe sex in the bath..........................................................................use one of those rubber mats so you dont slip!
  • Options
    I don't understand why someone would want to have sex in a bath in the first place... How uncomfortable, plus if you don't have a mat it would be slippy and you'd probably bash your head loads. Or is that just me. I can understand sex in a jacuzzi or shower, but in the bath!? Crazy.
  • Options
    Actually sex in the bath is no difficult feat. As long as the guy is sitting with his back against the end of the tub and the girl lowers herself down onto him in a straddle position facing him. Its quite easy to keep hold of the girl's bottom to keep her from slipping and to aid in the bouncing.

See not so complicated a concept now is it?
  • Options
    I think the most dangerous part is when you bounce too much and the bath gives way, crashes through the ceiling and onto your parent's dinner party below. :p

[saw it in a film once.... only in the movies eh!]
  • Options
    Dunno about normal baths but ive had sex in the hottub at the gym and she didnt report any problems dunno.gif

Ive never heard of that particular issue with sex in water...I wouldnt worry about it...Im also not quite sure how an embolus can get into the bloodstream through the vagina...No more dangerous than a man ejaculating up there.
  • Options
    i have to say that i found sex in the shower complete crap.
    fun
    but not very satisfying
    anyway.......if you could get embolisms(s/p)from doing it in the bath could you get them from doing it in the shower?????/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    I don't understand why someone would want to have sex in a bath in the first place... How uncomfortable, plus if you don't have a mat it would be slippy and you'd probably bash your head loads. Or is that just me. I can understand sex in a jacuzzi or shower, but in the bath!? Crazy.

You sound like fun! :rolleyes: :D:p
  • Options
    No, i think its when the embolus gets trap in the vagina, It can be quite dangerous. Just be careful in the bath and take your time:p
  • Options
    Do any of you know what and embolism actually is? :rolleyes:

If you aren't careful, and if you pump to fast then you can force oxygen into the blood stream through the walls of the vagina causing bubbles to appear in the blood. The bubbles can get trapped in the small capillaries surrounding the brain.
    However there's as much chance of this happening naturally or if you stick a compressed air jet on your arm, so I wouldn't worry to much.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Do any of you know what and embolism actually is? :rolleyes:

Christ..whats with you these days? Always so offensive..

You obviously dont know what an embolism is..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They arent just air bubbles..It can be any foreign object in the bloodstream or even a detached blood clot...The foreign object being talked about in this situation is water.
  • Options
    I imagine that if ordinary people died in this way it would be all over the news.

Deaths due to this kind of embolism during sex are probably pretty rare. The only documented death of this kind that I've read about is with a woman who had very vigorous and drug enhanced sex with her partner a few hours after giving birth to a baby.

There's a potential for something to go wrong, but that doesn't mean that there's a 100% chance of it going wrong in ordinary circumstances.
  • Options
    The only warning Ive ever seen vaguely related to this regarding having sex in the sea.

Apparently it can be very risky due to introducing seawater into the vagina.

Seawater apparently contains all sorts of nasties, presumambly worse in some areas depending upon pollution levels.

Not that its warm enough for sea-sex in Blackpool!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandit4911
    The only warning Ive ever seen vaguely related to this regarding having sex in the sea.

Apparently it can be very risky due to introducing seawater into the vagina.

Seawater apparently contains all sorts of nasties, presumambly worse in some areas depending upon pollution levels.

Not that its warm enough for sea-sex in Blackpool!

I was thinking exactly this. I dont think youve got anything to worry about doing it in the bath, its just when you are in polluted/sea water. think about whats in the sea, people piss in it! yeah, some manks piss in the bath but thats not the point here is it.;) :p
  • Options

lmao:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I think the most dangerous part is when you bounce too much and the bath gives way, crashes through the ceiling and onto your parent's dinner party below. :p

[saw it in a film once.... only in the movies eh!]

omg:eek: that would suck so bad.....
  • Options
    condoms?

im sure that using condoms whilst having sex in the bath would prove an issue....
    ... if you try and put the condom on under water then water will get trapped and the pressure could cause it to burst.
    also even if you put it on above water then went under water might still be able to get in and burst the condom.

the same might be said for spermicide...
    any spermicide will be washed away by the water.

femidons....
    water carrying sperm might get on the outside of the femidon and work its way upwards

the sponge...
    not only can the spermicide be washed away but also if the sponge gets soaked wiv water then it may become heavy and fall out or cause discomfort

the only really 'safe' way of having sex under water would be the pill, injection or something along those lines.
    have fun

oh btw sorry for brining physics into sex