Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cheap places to stay in London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've managed to get myself some work experience in East London, but need somewhere fairly cheap to stay whilst I'm there. I don't really know anyone from that area, so staying with a friend isn't an option, and this experience is unpaid so I'd be looking at a fairly low budget place. Does anyone have any suggestions, or can give me a rough idea of how much places are a night in London? I come from rural-middle-of-nowhere, so I really have no idea! Hostels would be good, as a shared kitchen would save me having to eat out.

Also, for getting down there, I've found megabus to be the cheapest option at a fiver for a return!! Any reviews on them? That price seems to good to be true!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If you want somewhere really cheap to stay in east London infact it is free, then you could take a tent and sleeping bag and stay at the east London Freeman eco village here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124069247624610
    It is in North Woolwich on Pier Road near the Woolwich free ferry on the north side fo the Thames.
  • Options
    Check the couch surfing section on Gumtree.
  • Options
    Oh and Megabus is cool, it's just like economy when flying, not too comfortable, makes quite a few stops/breaks (but mostly these are fag/pee breaks) but does the job and keeps on schedule (traffic permitting) and is el cheapo! :D
This discussion has been closed.