Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Changing hair color

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in appearance, but what the hell.

So yeah, I have facial hair. The thing is, my hair is black, but my facial hair has like individual strands of brown hair. It's not bothering me or anything, but friends keep asking me about my "highlights" *rolls eyes* which gets really old after you hear it a hundred times or so. Anyway, anyone got any idea about maybe what factors can influence the change of hair color? O_o

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think just for men do something for facial hair, i know its meant for greying hair, but it might do the job?
    I'm going to move this over in to Stlye & Appearance - you should get some more replies there too :thumb:
    I think just for men do something for facial hair, i know its meant for greying hair, but it might do the job?

had to look for what you meant by just for men... i don't really use products on my hair. :d besides, i don't want to change it; am just curious as to what might be causing the color changing. but thanks.
    Do you notice the brown bits all year round or just in summer? maybe when the sun is out, it's sorta bleaching parts of your beard. With my natural colour, I had the same thing in the sun (but the hair on my head as I'm female hehe).
    I have met LOADS of men who have at least one ginger/blond hair in their beards. LOADS. Are your friends all clean-shaven, by any chance?
    My brother has ginger bits in his facial hair.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My big brother is brown-haired but has some blonde hairs here and there, on the face and head. It's really not that uncommon.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Do you notice the brown bits all year round or just in summer? maybe when the sun is out, it's sorta bleaching parts of your beard. With my natural colour, I had the same thing in the sun (but the hair on my head as I'm female hehe).

Yeah, I also thought it might be the sun. But weird thing though, my hair kinda gets darker under the sun. Haha. That's what I get for living in the tropics I guess.
    I have met LOADS of men who have at least one ginger/blond hair in their beards. LOADS. Are your friends all clean-shaven, by any chance?

Not all of my friends. But unlike them, I keep my facial hair disgustingly long. So if they have color changes, it's not that apparent. :p