Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I want to leave the forum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've pissed too many people off here, and I feel people are deceiving me. :no: :chin:

Can I have my account deleted?

Comments

• Options
    Contact a moderator if you want your account deleted.
  • Options
    Ok.
  • Options
    and tell your friends so you don't get thoughts of returning

goodbye and have a safe voyage
  • Options
    I'm sure you have not pissed loades of people of. you don't have to get your account deleted just do not go on it as much. and I think your sorta nice after reaading some of your posts just like 5 of them not all of them x

Well if you do close your account down you wont be aloud back on remember so think again.

Take care x
  • Options
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    Well if you do close your account down you wont be aloud back on remember so think again

Yes they will.

There are 2 options available to you.

1. Just walk away from here.

2. PM a mod, and they can 'close' your account. It will say so under your user name and you will not be able to post anymore. It can be re-activated by emailing a mod.

There is a 3rd option where your account can be deleted, where all your posts will be removed. They don't like to do that as it screws up the continuity of thread and is entirely at their discretion.
  • Options
    Why not just not log onto the website anymore? So much easier!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Why not just not log onto the website anymore? So much easier!

That's to easy for some people ...there's no drama in it.
  • Options
    I'm partly convinced that some people create these "I'm leaving" threads to try and get people to say "oh no, please don't go, you're really awesome". Jim's at least was justified in that he works here.

So to anyone who is contemplating leaving - :wave:
  • Options
    I'm partly convinced that some people create these "I'm leaving" threads to try and get people to say "oh no, please don't go, you're really awesome". Jim's at least was justified in that he works here.

• Options

Well... errrr no.

If someone who has reguarly been posting for months/years, suddenly just disappears then it can be quite worrying. And for the record... I think others too have been "justified".

Sure when people post a goodbye thread... then go... and come back... and then post another one, it can be a bit annoying.
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    Well... errrr no.

If someone who has reguarly been posting for months/years, suddenly just disappears then it can be quite worrying. And for the record... I think others too have been "justified".

Sure when people post a goodbye thread... then go... and come back... and then post another one, it can be a bit annoying.

:yes:

If I left, I'd make a goodbye thread. Not because I give a monkeys about people wanting me to stay - rather, just because I've had dealings with quite a few people over the years, and it's about the only decent thing to do.

I'm sure some threads of this type are people looking for a little attention, or to feel wanted - but others are genuinely just to make sure that certain people get a nod in their direction. :)
  • Options
    I'm partly convinced that some people create these "I'm leaving" threads to try and get people to say "oh no, please don't go, you're really awesome".
    Occasionally, I can't help but think there's some truth in this. Although how people wish to leave is pretty much their business, as far as I'm concerned.

Some people do develop an emotional attachment to TheSite, for reasons best known to themselves. I've never had that myself. Although the fact I've been here for 6 years this September and done over 18,000 posts must suggest something.

(that you've got too much time on your hands? - Ed)
  • Options
    Well... errrr no.

Nobody 'just disappears'. There are always ways of getting in contact with people if you care enough. I would assume that if you were bothered enough by their leaving, then you would make an effort to find out if they're ok without the need for a thread full of people telling you not to leave that wouldn't have noticed for days or weeks or even months if nothing was said.

Plus, if somebody REALLY wanted to break away from the site, then they wouldn't need to make a thread anyway.

Just my 2p.
  • Options
    Kira - if you do want to delete your account you can send a private message (PM) to me or **helen** and and we can talk it through with you. I know you haven't had the smoothest time settling in but I'm sure that no one is trying to deceive you. Take care :)
This discussion has been closed.