Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going to a weekender/festival alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is this weird?

Theres s few music weekender/festival type things every year that I'd love to go.... 50s rock n roll/rockabilly music but i dont know anyone who's into it to go with. I know of people just not well to say 'hey mind if i come and live with for the weekend?'

Som of them do single sharing deals where you sign up as a single person and they pair you up with another single sharing person.

Would it be weird if i went alone? I could meet up with people, get friendly and maybe stay with them the next year but i dont want to be a loner all weekend. Would you think someone was weird if they did this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it'd be weird at all, i mean that's what loads of people do when they go backpacking, and they meet new friends in the hostels- I'm pretty sure that if you get chatting to people and they find out you are by yourself you'll get so many offers for accom/food/drinks :D

When i went to a festival once, i went online to the efestivals site, joined the thread for the festival and then started talking to people on there- we ended up all meeting up (and we were from all over the world) and had a fantastic time, and i'm still friends with loads of them still (this was '08)

Go for it!! xxxx
  • Options
    Hmm yea i am thinking about it more now, like i say i know of people who'll be there so hopefully if i'm not too shy i can meet up with them