Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

downstairs...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right this may seem a bit strange, but how to people keep there downstairs/lady garden whatever you want to call it tidy and undercontrol ha. I tend to use hair removal cream, which works really well and leaves a smooth finish, but by the next time i want to see my boyfriend, its to short to hair removal and not nice to see or feel. any suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yo

I usually shave mine. Buts its taken lots and lots of practise to do it right and not have it look and feel horrible after. So take care not to shave it and have it feel really itchy and sore, cause that'll ruin sex worse than a bit of hair =D
    hmm yer, but after a few days dont you still get the horrible stubble feeling?
    There have been a couple of threads on this fairly recently and the consensus from the blokes was that most didn't really notice/mind what us ladies do with our furry bits LOL! For myself, it's all about looking decent in my undies, swimwear, etc., rather than something I do specifically for my husband - though he seems to appreciate the results. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about what your boyfriend thinks.

I keep the hair trimmed to about 1" and wax around the bikini line. There's no getting away from the fact that it is painful the first couple of times, but it does get easier and the regrowth is slower and weaker/softer than with shaving or creams.
    I cant use hair removal as i get a horrible burning reaction so i shave. Like patience said it takes practice to get it right so you dont itch, and you have to wait til its a couple of mm's long. Short stubble isnt good for shaving.
    Wax! I :heart: wax. Took me a few goes to get the technique down pat, but now I've been doing it for about three years and it's as easy as can be. I ended up getting myself a wax pot, too (perhaps excessive enjoyment of ripping my own hair out at the root?) and that makes it even cheaper than shaving. I whip everything off underneath and leave a short, trimmed triangle at the top, like a mini-tribute to those who have gone before. :D

When I first started using it, I had to do it once every three weeks. Now it's more like once every six, and in some areas it's hardly growing back.
    I shave. All of it. As often as I can be arsed, or when it gets too long, or when I'm planning to have sex or go swimming or something.
    I shave.

Just very carefully
    I'm a fan of the deodorant can and lighter method.
    I shave and use hair removal cream...do want to be brave and get a wax but after a disaterous self waxing incident I don't know if I'm brave enough :nervous:
    I'm a fan of the deodorant can and lighter method.

Is that how you wound up posting in a thread about female genitalia rather than one involving penises? :p

piecesofme; if you go to a salon and have it done professionally, just let them know it's your first time and they'll be extra gentle with you. You'll also find it's less painful than if you do it at home, as they can reach further and get to angles that you just can't on your own.
    piecesofme; if you go to a salon and have it done professionally, just let them know it's your first time and they'll be extra gentle with you. You'll also find it's less painful than if you do it at home, as they can reach further and get to angles that you just can't on your own.

Thanks :) ...I'm going to be brave and book an appointment next pay day and just take some Tramadol before going ;)
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Thanks :) ...I'm going to be brave and book an appointment next pay day and just take some Tramadol before going ;)

Hehe im the same, kept telling myself i was going to make an appointment and havent yet. What kind of price is good?
    Is that how you wound up posting in a thread about female genitalia rather than one involving penises? :p

:D

Nah, when I thought my last girlfriend was getting a bit too unkempt I'd wait until she was asleep and bust out the aforementioned hair removal paraphernalia.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Hehe im the same, kept telling myself i was going to make an appointment and havent yet. What kind of price is good?

Depends what you want. A Brazilian is usually around the £17 mark, just short back and sides is usually a tenner (ish). I would err on the more expensive side to begin with though, as a bad wax is not fun. Once your skin is a bit more used to it, you can go to a cheaper place without risking them 'lifting' your skin (beauticians' term for ripping it off by accident).

I'd advise that you get some aloe vera gel before you go; it's lovely and cooling and soothing to apply after a wax. Don't be worried if your bits look a bit like raw chicken with the skin on for a few hours afterwards, the bumps will go down. Also, wear big giant knickers on the day. Nothing sadder than lace-chafe on freshly waxed fanny.

Nah, when I thought my last girlfriend was getting a bit too unkempt I'd wait until she was asleep and bust out the aforementioned hair removal paraphernalia.

I wax it off. Myself. Because I'm hard.
    ah, i really am keen on the idea of going to get a wax. but im just really shy ha. i think i would feel so uncomfortable. and plus im not really to sure what to expect if you get me.
    The main thing to remember is that the woman who does it will have seen EVERYTHING before; from especially hairy women to big bottoms, to cellulite, to different shaped/short/long labia.

When you go in you'll be asked to pop your trousers off and lie down on the bed. She will ask you to hook a finger in to the leg of your knickers and pull up and in to the middle, so she has access to the area without you having everything hanging out. The wax will already be hot, so you won't have to wait about. She'll put what looks like a giant lolly stick into the pot of wax, test the temperature on herself, and then apply it to the outside or the area.Then she'll put a gauze strip over the wax, smooth it in the direction of the hair (usually down), check that you're ready and then rip it off, upward and close to the skin. It stings and it'll take you by surprise. Might feel a bit burny for a couple of seconds, but then it'll pass. She'll work her way in on that side and then do the same thing on the other side. If you're just having a bikini wax, you won't have to do anything else. If it's a brazilian or hollywood, she'll get you to keep holding your knickers that way but pull your knee up to your shoulder so she can get to the underneath and round the back bits. Once it's all done, she'll put a blob of some soothing gel or cream on your fingers and ask you to apply it to yourself. Then she'll leave the room and you can get your clothes back on. A brazilian will take between 15 minutes to half an hour, depending on your pain threshold and how thick the hair is. It's best to trim your hair before you get there, usually to about half an inch. The shorter the hair, the less painful it is, but too short and it won't all come out because the wax won't get a proper grip. It will feel a bit sore and stingy for about half an hour, and then will be silky smooth and soft and gorgeous (the wax also takes off the top layer of dead skin, so it's like a free exfoliation too! And, IMHO, sex is much better with everything off as you can actually feel what's going on!)

Bear in mind that what I've described is from my experiences with a good waxer. I won't let just anyone around my bits! Check with the staff how they do it as some places make you take your knickers off and others will make you kneel on all fours to get around the back; neither of which is great if it's your first time and you're nervous.

By all means take painkillers up to two hours before the appointment, but do NOT have a drink to boost your confidence; it thins your blood and you're more likely to bleed.
    Butterfly, how long do you reckon the hair would have to be for waxing? I shave atm but I'd like to try waxing (good alternative to SH I think), so I was wondering how long I should leave it.
    Franki wrote: »
    Butterfly, how long do you reckon the hair would have to be for waxing? I shave atm but I'd like to try waxing (good alternative to SH I think), so I was wondering how long I should leave it.

Ideal length is between 1/4 - 1/2 an inch (just had an image of you with your ruler out.... :lol: ).
    Ideal length is between 1/4 - 1/2 an inch (just had an image of you with your ruler out.... :lol: ).

Is that proper inches or the internet inches guys use when describing their own bits down stairs :d
    Oh that's like a week or two's growth for me. Awesome.

Yes, I've just admitted that I am unnaturally hairy to the whole internet. Woe is me.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. NOBODY wants a five o'clock shadow on their fanjo! In the name of the pubic gods, ladies, WAX!!
    Evenstar wrote: »
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. NOBODY wants a five o'clock shadow on their fanjo! In the name of the pubic gods, ladies, WAX!!

Heh Heh POTW :D
    skakitty wrote: »
    Heh Heh POTW :D

woo never had a nom before

personally, I'll be nominating this one
    Franki wrote: »

Yes, I've just admitted that I am unnaturally hairy to the whole internet. Woe is me.
    Ooh

I am really into the idea of waxing now. Cause shaving doesnt last all that long. How long will waxing last BTW?

I dont like hair removal creams, they dont last all that long and they burn me too xD

I am too much of a chicken to let someone else do it and too much of a chicken to do it myself though!
    I'm quite impressed with the percentage of you girls who embrace waxing! I'm a big fan, but haven't really come across that many.
    Whoa

You meet alot of 'full bodied' women?

Very 80's stylee =D
    I find that waxing is actually by far the most convenient method, once you get used to the discomfort. I have to keep on top of mine because I swim every day, and don't want to be known round the pool as "that girl with the bushy pant beard". Waxing gives a perfect, smooth finish, which shaving doesn't if you're dark haired. It lasts weeks, rather than the couple of days that shaving lasts. And there's less chance of ingrown hairs, because you are removing the hair at the root rather than slicing it off at an angle.

Having done it for so long I now don't even find it painful. And as I do it myself, so it's cheap: a few quid for a big pot of microwaveable wax that lasts ages. It's definitely worth persevering with.