Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How much do you drink a day?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't mean alcohol.. I mean normal drinks like tea, coffee, water or fizzy drinks. I'm asking because I think I drink a lot, especially when compared to other people at work, and yet I still feel thirsty. I want to know whether the amount is normal.
Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think I drink about 4 litres a day...I get through one 2 litre bottle and then have lot's of cups of green tea through the day :)

I always think I drink way too much, doesn't help I have a bladder the size of a pea :rolleyes:
    lipsy wrote: »
    I don't mean alcohol.. I mean normal drinks like tea, coffee, water or fizzy drinks. I'm asking because I think I drink a lot, especially when compared to other people at work, and yet I still feel thirsty. I want to know whether the amount is normal.
    Cheers

Well water is very essential.I drink about 2 litres of water in a day and sometimes some juices.
    well I'm really bad for it...I maybe have a coffee in the morning and then nothing till the next day, just because I don't get thirsty. I've actually heard that this is a sign of dehydration though. I get dizzy and stuff so maybe I should drink more :razz:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't ever think about it tbh. If I'm thirsty, I drink something.
    I drink coffee until I get that weird caffeine-induced tunnel vision effect, then I stitch to tea.
    I don't drink much; usually a cup of tea in the morning then a soft drink during the day and then either a can of coke or juice with my evening meal and a cup of tea, hot chocolate or glass of water before bed!
    I have a drink in the morning and sometimes another during the day.
    probably not as much as i should. i drink more when i'm at work because all the talking makes me thirsty :p on days when i'm at home i wait until i'm really thirsty and i know that is bad. i hate feeling bloated though so i try to avoid it.
    Well, there is a water cooler where I normally work, so I get through quite a lot of water in a day. I feel tired if I don't drink enough water in a day.
    not much, a small bottle of water during the day and a couple of glasses in the evening. should drink more.
    I have a pint glass of water with breakfast, and then drink about a litre of water whilst at work. Then I have a cup of tea when I get home and then between 1 and 2 pints between then and going to bed. I only really drink water or tea, it's rare that I drink juice, squash, milk etc.
    Not enough. Cup of tea in the morning, cup of tea around lunchtime and a couple of glasses of fruit squash throughout the day.
    Probably nowhere near enough
    I recently read that the whole idea of needing to drink litres of water a day isn't actually true. I don't have a source for this info though ;)
    1 or 2 coffees and 4 or 5 teas.
    Depends on the time of year. Winter - at least 3 litres. Summer - nearer to double that. Mostly water, too. :)
    Depends on the time of year. Winter - at least 3 litres. Summer - nearer to double that. Mostly water, too. :)

How on earth do you manage to drink 6l of water in a day?!
    grace wrote: »
    How on earth do you manage to drink 6l of water in a day?!

I'd guess by peeing frequently
    Huge bladder. I can hold just over 2 litres, when pushed. ;)

Habit, from when I was just a nipper. My Dad had kidney stones, and after seeing them, and imagining them coming out of my "winky", I kinda decided drinking plenty wasn't a bad idea at all...

Edit - back when I was cycling 20 miles each day during the summer, it would've been noticeably more than 6 litres. You lot who aren't drinking much - keep in mind that you'll lose a litre per day from just breathing...
    Hey Lipsy

If you feel like you're drinking a lot compared to other people and still feel thirsty, you may wanna see your GP. It could be nothing, but it can be a symptom of diabetes.
    Huge bladder. I can hold just over 2 litres, when pushed. ;).

I love the fact you've clearly tested this! :d
    omg hi wrote: »
    probably not as much as i should. i drink more when i'm at work because all the talking makes me thirsty :p on days when i'm at home i wait until i'm really thirsty and i know that is bad. i hate feeling bloated though so i try to avoid it.

If you drink water, that bloated feeling will go away. Plus drinking plenty would probably get rid of those stomach aches.

Anyway, I don't drink nearly as much as I should. Some days I won't have anything. I don't drink tea or coffee, so I don't even do the caffiene boost thing.
    I probably have about 7 - 8 cups of tea a day, a glass of water or squash with a meal.
    I can get through a litre of water or more when i run but i guess that is just replacing what i am losing.
    I love the fact you've clearly tested this! :d

I live in a shared house. Back in 2004/5, I was sharing with a couple of Polish lads. They went in the bath one after the other - I filled a cherryade bottle, then made a start on a milk container. Go Click! :D
    I don't know measured amounts, but I usually have a cup of black coffee in the morning, and then have a handbag-sized bottle of water with me all the time. That usually gets filled up twice over the course of the day - more if I'm out and about.

On days when I'm playing Capoeira, I'll get through between 1 and 2 big bottles of water in 2 hours.
    Non.
    Not enough, normally a glass of water with each meal, and then milk throughout the day if I get thirsty.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lea_uk wrote: »
    1 or 2 coffees and 4 or 5 teas.
    No water??
    No water??
    They contain water :p, I usually have a glass with my tea.
    Hey Lipsy

If you feel like you're drinking a lot compared to other people and still feel thirsty, you may wanna see your GP. It could be nothing, but it can be a symptom of diabetes.

I have had my blood sugar tested a few times and it's always been fine.

I guess there's quite a big range between you all. It's made me feel better anyway thanks.