Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Live chat about drugs, Tues 27th July, 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :wave:

On Tuesday 27th July from 7-8 pm we'll be joined by Ruth Goldsmith in live chat. Why not take this opportunity to come along and ask an expert in the field about anything you may be concerned about or need information on relating to drugs and drug use.

Ruth is Communications and Information Manager for DrugScope, the UK's leading drug information and policy charity. Ruth joined DrugScope in 2006 from the mental health charity Mind, where she worked in the press office.

At DrugScope, Ruth oversees the charity's work with the media, providing good quality information about drugs and drug use to journalists, filmmakers and researchers. She also works on DrugScope's range of books and reports, writes for the charity's bi-monthly magazine Druglink and develops content for the DrugScope website: www.drugscope.org.uk

Ruth is 30 and lives in north London with her husband. She'll be with us for a whole hour to answer your questions.

If you can't make it to the chat then feel free to send me a private message and I can ask your question for you on your behalf. The transcript from the chat will then be published in our chat archive a few days later.

When chat is open on the night you'll be able to enter from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Hope to see you there :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh I'm defo coming hopefully fingers crossed xx
    And we did something that involves drugscape with school a while back now.
    *bump*

Remember, if you can't make it but you have a question you'd like to ask just post it here or PM it to me and I can ask it on your behalf. :thumb:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    We're open! :thumb:
    Oh darn I missed it LOL!
    oh well x
    So not one person showed up then?
    That could be a good sign though a little embarrassing for the lady who showed up.
    So not one person showed up then?
    That could be a good sign though a little embarrassing for the lady who showed up.

Oh some of us were there! We got freebies. Little sachets of coke, MDMA, speed and a handful of weed. You missed out big time, Rolly. ;)

(Seriously though, about 6 of us were there when I joined about 30 minutes late) :)
    Teagan wrote: »
    Oh some of us were there! We got freebies. Little sachets of coke, MDMA, speed and a handful of weed. You missed out big time, Rolly. ;)

(Seriously though, about 6 of us were there when I joined about 30 minutes late) :)

That's good ...I was feeling for the poor woman.
    Did she learn anything?
    That's good ...I was feeling for the poor woman.
    Did she learn anything?

:lol:
    :chin:
    Shame I missed it, I would have asked how a charity which gets the overwhelming majority of its money from the government stays independant. In short they don't and they don't even call for the legalisation of cannabis anymore.