Home Politics & Debate
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Miracle Of Protein

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
People who lack sufficient information on a given subject—or who do not think about it much—may arrive at a number of mistaken ideas, or may be deliberately led astray by others.
For example, for those with little interest in how a television works and no idea of what components the mechanism consists, the television set is simply a means of watching films or news programs. Those people will be unable to appreciate the marvelous technology in the apparatus if they remain unaware of how the video and audio signals reach the television, and do not consider how the image appears on the screen. How satellite connections are established, how images originating from another country first head into space and then without encountering any obstruction reach the television in their home with full sound and color, what function its components serve, what materials are used to make it, and the logic behind the remote control device—none of that matters! They view a television as merely an electrical device for watching selected programs.
What, you may wonder, is this analogy doing in the introduction to a book about proteins? To emphasize that lacking information on any particular subject may lead to serious errors or superficiality. When people fail to consider certain issues, they may remain unaware of the most vital matters. True, not understanding how a television set works or not giving the subject much thought may not represent too much of a loss. Yet not considering the question of how life on Earth began and survived—and blindly believing in unrealistic "answers" to that question—may cause people to make the most serious errors and suffer the most serious losses. Therefore, we urgently need to reflect on the origins of life.
How did life begin? By describing various features of proteins—the basic building blocks of life—this book provides the only valid answer: that life began by being created by Allah, the Superior and Mighty Creator.
Allah calls in the Qur'an to those who are unaware of this truth:
Does not man recall that We created him before when he was not anything? (Surah Maryam: 67)
«13

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought this was about the benefits of swallowing spunk :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gosh this is a very interesting read.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Allah is in a protein television set?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow. Random OP.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought the same as RS :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Woohoo!

    It's not just Christians that are intelligent design nutters.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    woohoo! Hold on, that's cause for celeration?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm pleased and somewhat disturbed that this thread is not in the Sex section of the website.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry I must be lazy, but paragraphs would've made me more likely to read it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry I must be lazy, but paragraphs would've made me more likely to read it.

    I think the general gist is that Allah, who made protein, is like a TV set. I think.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    I think the general gist is that Allah, who made protein, is like a TV set. I think.


    That's true man.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And John Logie Baird invented Tv soooooooooo

    John Logie Baird is the ONE true God :)

    Right, that's that sorted. Who's for tea and a buttery muffin ?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    me me, can I have jam too, please?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No jam, i haz 'conserve' dead posh like, but only coz it was BOGOF in Sainsburys' :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    even better
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    By the way here is the miracle protein molecule Laminin. This protein is a cell adhesion molecule it holds the cells in your body together, without it you would literally fall apart. It also looks a lot like a cross which reminds me of Paul in Colossians when he says; "in God all things hold together".
    laminin.jpg
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    garfield2, I'm interested in what you have to say. Please tell me more, or feel free to PM me and prosthelytize. :)

    *it will backfire on you though*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    It also looks a lot like a cross.
    laminin.jpg

    No it doesn't.

    It looks like -

    a) An impending, multiple train crash on the District, Central and Piccadilly lines

    or

    b) What London Underground would look like if Alton Towers ran it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    By the way here is the miracle protein molecule Laminin. This protein is a cell adhesion molecule it holds the cells in your body together, without it you would literally fall apart. It also looks a lot like a cross which reminds me of Paul in Colossians when he says; "in God all things hold together".
    laminin.jpg

    Only cos it's upside down

    It should be this way around really:
    upside%20down%20cross.jpg

    Which reminds me of Bruce Forsythe when he says "Nice to see you, to see you, nice"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    By the way here is the miracle protein molecule Laminin. This protein is a cell adhesion molecule it holds the cells in your body together, without it you would literally fall apart. It also looks a lot like a cross which reminds me of Paul in Colossians when he says; "in God all things hold together".
    laminin.jpg
    Haha, I thought this was a satirical post by one of our more cynical posters, but then I saw you posted it, so I guess not? :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    By the way here is the miracle protein molecule Laminin. This protein is a cell adhesion molecule it holds the cells in your body together, without it you would literally fall apart. It also looks a lot like a cross which reminds me of Paul in Colossians when he says; "in God all things hold together".
    laminin.jpg

    LOL, Xtian fail. It's as funny as intelligent design.

    It's a diagram - I know the religious have a slightly shaky view on reality, but you do know the difference, don't you? Hint, women don't look like this
    98715309femalewc.jpg, and there is no "thermos flask" underpinning the London Underground

    Of course, even if we accept that ghod intended us to consider the diagram, those spirally bits? I don't remember those on any Christian cross. In fact a pretty fundamental part of a cross is it consists of two straight parts "crossing" whereas laminin "is composed of three polypeptides (A, B1, and B2)" (and if you remember, your lord had to carry the crossbar, but despite being the son of ghod couldn't manage it - there is no crossbar in laminin).

    In fact, the diagram looks far more like a caduceous - proof then that the Romans had it right, and Hermes is the God we should be worshipping?

    but if you want to know what laminin looks like - its in A, B and D

    7590751f6.jpg
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Big Gay wrote: »
    LOL, Xtian fail. It's as funny as intelligent design. It's a diagram - I know the religious have a slightly shaky view on reality
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross and maybe all religous people are deluded. I just keep an open mind.

    The strange thing is though that some of the most zealous religous people started out being totally anti-religon. I can give the example of Mario Forte for one who one night set out to kill a paster at a church his girlfriend was going to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwpHktYmQs

    Or Nicky Cruz made famous by the book the Cross and the Switchblade who when first approached by a street preacher threatened him with a knife. Just months later he was preaching himself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross and maybe all religous people are deluded. I just keep an open mind.

    You? An open mind? POTW!!!! :lol: It looks more like a sword to me!

    I suppose I should have an open mind about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7LXn4KSrM
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross and maybe all religous people are deluded. I just keep an open mind.

    Careful you don't leave it too open, you know what might happen...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross and maybe all religous people are deluded. I just keep an open mind.

    If you have an open mind, perhaps it's just you eyes that are closed. Otherwise you would have seen this:
    Big Gay wrote: »
    but if you want to know what laminin looks like - its in A, B and D

    7590751f6.jpg


    Dunno about you, but I can't see any crosses...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I see a stick man playing football in A.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    I see a stick man playing football in A.

    :yes:

    In the second it looks like he's got flippers on. The last one looks like the pair of them after an explosion...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    garfield2 wrote: »
    People who lack sufficient information on a given subject—or who do not think about it much—may arrive at a number of mistaken ideas, or may be deliberately led astray by others.
    For example, for those with little interest in how a television works and no idea of what components the mechanism consists, the television set is simply a means of watching films or news programs. Those people will be unable to appreciate the marvelous technology in the apparatus if they remain unaware of how the video and audio signals reach the television, and do not consider how the image appears on the screen. How satellite connections are established, how images originating from another country first head into space and then without encountering any obstruction reach the television in their home with full sound and color, what function its components serve, what materials are used to make it, and the logic behind the remote control device—none of that matters! They view a television as merely an electrical device for watching selected programs.
    What, you may wonder, is this analogy doing in the introduction to a book about proteins? To emphasize that lacking information on any particular subject may lead to serious errors or superficiality. When people fail to consider certain issues, they may remain unaware of the most vital matters. True, not understanding how a television set works or not giving the subject much thought may not represent too much of a loss. Yet not considering the question of how life on Earth began and survived—and blindly believing in unrealistic "answers" to that question—may cause people to make the most serious errors and suffer the most serious losses. Therefore, we urgently need to reflect on the origins of life.
    How did life begin? By describing various features of proteins—the basic building blocks of life—this book provides the only valid answer: that life began by being created by Allah, the Superior and Mighty Creator.
    Allah calls in the Qur'an to those who are unaware of this truth:
    Does not man recall that We created him before when he was not anything? (Surah Maryam: 67)
    Very interesting attempt but you need to familiarise yourself with a little quote in the Bible ...throwing pearls before swine ....
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well maybe it is just a coincidence that Laminin looks like a cross
    Except, as I said, it doesn't. The diagram looks like a caduceous, the symbol of Hermes
    The strange thing is though that some of the most zealous religous people [...] I can Mario Forte [...] Nicky Cruz [...]

    your point being that people not right in the head become preachers?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    [Poor old Garfield got shot!
Sign In or Register to comment.