Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm on my Period & feel really sick. Is this normal ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I came on my period thismorning. I've spent the entire morning in bed feeling like shite. Awful cramping & nausea. The painkillers work, but doesn't stop the nausea

Is nausea with ur period normal ? coz i feel rank :crying: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Yea can be. Has this happened before? Stay cuddled up in bed for now but if it becomes a recurring problem, a trip to the docs will probably be worth it
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Yea can be. Has this happened before? Stay cuddled up in bed for now but if it becomes a recurring problem, a trip to the docs will probably be worth it

My last period was absolutely fine - came on time & no problems

This time it was 2 weeks late & is giving me all sorts of problems :crying:
  • Options
    Aw, I feel your pain! I too am currently sat cuddled up in bed, with a hot bottle on my stomach, dosed up on feminax. Was s'posed to be going out tonight as well :(

I get nausea often on the first couple of days of my period, especially if it's a bad one, so I think it's pretty normal. I also tend to get headaches, and my back and legs ache, so if you feel like that it's probably period related too. Have you had some painkillers? They may help the nausea too.
  • Options
    when i had periods, i used to to nausea if the cramps were bad and it was a heavy period. maybe you can try some chrystalized ginger? i've heard it helps for nausea.
  • Options
    I had pretty bad period pains too but I've found taking the pill has lessened it. It's also made the time I'm 'on' shorter. If you go to your doctor maybe you could ask about trying it out. But I know a lot of people have problems on the pill- especially finding the right one. But it's worked okay for me.