Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Female priests? Sinful! Buggering little boys? Erm... well...

Says the Irish Independent:

"The ordination of women as Roman Catholic priests has been made a 'crime against the faith' by the Vatican and subject to discipline by its watchdog. The new rules issued yesterday put attempts at ordaining women among the 'most serious crimes' alongside paedophilia and will be handled by investigators from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, considered the successor to the Inquisition. Women attempting to be priests, and those who try to ordain them, already faced automatic excommunication but the new decree enshrines the action as 'a crime against sacraments'."

So being female and a priest is now as bad as priests taking little boys up the arse. Yes, that's what Ratzinger seriously thinks. No wonder his reaction when the child abuse scandal was raging in Ireland last year was so pathetically weak. The Irish newspapers are going crazy about it this morning. Whilst at the newsagents earlier, I noticed even the Irish Daily Mail screaming "POPE'S INSULT TO ALL WOMEN" on the front page.

Pope Ratzinger, words cannot express how much I hate you. Every Catholic that I speak to can't stand you and thinks you're taking the church back hundreds of years every time you open your mouth. You're destroying the church they hold dear. So please, fuck off.

And take the waste of skin that is Federico Lombardi with you.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep. Nothing to say but to agree with the above.

I hope the scumbag gets the reception he deserves when he gets here.
    LOL @ Catholic Church.
    I think the Catholic church should not be allowed to operate in this country until such time as they can address the following issues..

1) Perverting the course of justice in paedophilia cases
    2) Withholding information from police about criminal activity
    3) Discriminating against employing women
    4) Inciting homophobia
    Catholic Church Fail
    I think the Catholic church should not be allowed to operate in this country until such time as they can address the following issues..

1) Perverting the course of justice in paedophilia cases
    2) Withholding information from police about criminal activity
    3) Discriminating against employing women
    4) Inciting homophobia

It would be pretty difficult to stop one of the largest and most influential religions in the world from operating here...
    grace wrote: »
    It would be pretty difficult to stop one of the largest and most influential religions in the world from operating here...

Yes but it if they are breaking the law then it should happen.