Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Colored bottoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help the fashionably challanged! I'm trying to build a wardrobe that will be appropriate for the future school/job where my jeans and t-shirt just won't cut it :p So far I'm up to neutral dress pants (black and almost black) with plain colored shirts. I've thought about some colored skirts that I've seen and would be interested in those but I would have no idea what to put on top. The only thing I can think of is a plain white shirt. Like like if I got a pink skirt with tiny gray stripes in it, I would wear a plain white shirt... that kind of thing. But I'm sure there has to be something else out there besides that white shirt... any tips on what to wear on top?

Comments

• Options
    I'd pick out aspects of the colours in the skirt, or go for something that complements the colour.

So with your pink and grey skirt, I'd put a grey fitted t-shirt on with it, or a white shirt with a grey waistcoat depending on the style of the skirt. Or keep your white shirt on as a basic and put a knitted tank over the top like this: http://www.dramastyle.com/images/products/image.yesstyle.com/assets/16/496/l_p1021449616.jpg

Or with plain coloured skirts/trousers, go for a complementary colour. They colour wheel might help if you find it difficult to figure out what goes together:

http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-theory-intro.htm
  • Options
    Ok that makes sense. So like you could wear blue with a white top and then maybe a blue and yellow necklace or something to spice it up?

Thanks for your help! :D
  • Options
    :thumb: I think that sounds like a great outfit; don't be afraid of having lots of white basics. If they suit you, you can always jazz them up with accessories in the summer and scarves/outerwear in winter, and you'll find pieces that will accent them, go over the top of them, or replace them completely over time.
This discussion has been closed.