Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

'Spending Challenge' website by the government

Our new government has had the brilliant idea of setting up a website and ask Joe Public how to cut public spending.

As many would have guessed, this has only served the purpose of making all kinds of unpleasant scum come out of the woodwork, made worse by the apparent fact that, for the time being at least, there isn't seem to be a lot of moderating going on.

Some gems put forward by contributors include “Discoure those who do not work from starting a family”, "repatriate all foreigners" or "stop giving NHS care to immigrants".

Naturally some trolling suggestions have now made it as well, and it's anarchy for all. Well done, Mr Osborne :D

Enjoy:

http://spendingchallenge.hm-treasury.gov.uk/
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Call me a cynic, but they will pick the ones they like and say "it's what the public want"
    So this is what they've given Nick Clegg to do. He's got to give people the legal right to marry their horses, repeal all the laws of thermodynamics, and now he's got to stop civil servants going to the toilet too many times each working day. Brilliant.

Never did I think that New Labour's gimmicks could be out-done, but they've proved they can be...
    The trouble with the general public being given this sort of opportunity is that most of the general public can't tell their arse from their elbow.
    You mean they don't know what to do after all that electioneering!
    We haven't a clue what to do ...I know ...lets set up a forum!

Welcome to the twenty first century!