Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can you help me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,

i have developed a habit for coke recently and now i have burned my nose with it.

my left nostril is nearly twice the size of my right nostril.
what can i do?

i have stopped using and will not indulge again.

this is destroying my life.

i have had to leave my job as im too paranoid people take notice.

i am avoiding social contact at any expense, i just had a nervous meltdown, im only 24.

i used to be a lovely person, well liked and people really enjoyed my company

my confidence is shattered, i feel a like im dead inside.

what can i do to find myself again?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey

Wow I think its amasing that you have decided to stop doing it!:d It will take time to feel better and its great of you to post on this website as lots of people here are very supportive =D

Your nose will get better over time and I know this as I bruned the inside of my nostril a few months ago and it swelled up and I was convinced I was fucked. But it did get better eventually, its just dealing with the anxiety in the meantime is very hard work I know.

Like I said before nothing gets better right away (especially with the paranoia) and it might be useful to take a visit to your Drs or to find some counselling in your area. It may not sound great but I went to quite a bit of counselling for various reasons and it can be very helpful if you are honest with them. It may cost but its worth it and better than spending the money on drugs.

You must stay calm and belive in yourself. You havent lost yourself in the slightest. Your body and mind must be very worn out by the drugs and this is stopping you from thinking straight. Its great that you have decided to stop and at 24 you are going to be able to recover from this you just need to have faith in yourself. Do you have anyone at all you can contact to speak to? Like friends or family? If not keep posting here and we can help you =D
    my best mate was a coke adict and i convinced him to see a counsler and now if you look at him, he's back in school and an above average student! you can get through this if you keep an open mind and believe in yourself. we do, so you should too! best of luck!
    You must have been doing it for quite some time for it to fuck your nose.
    Don't worry to much ...there are millions of people out there who now live perfectly boring normal lives having given up heroin coke crack petrol booze etc.
    Millions.
    and some havent even given up.. whats normal these days? tv, dish washer, CD player, electrical tin opener?
    Yeah

Yeah badboy4life you cant define normal. But whatever people chose to do ought to at least make them feel happy and comfortable.
    heroin for me then