Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bleeding on the pill?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay... so... I've been on the pill for just over a week. I take it every day at 11:15, but today I took it at 11:30 although I'd of thought that doesn't make much of a difference? But now I have my period?
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I did have unprotected sex on day 6 of taking the pill, when I wasn't covered by it's protection. And, I had unprotected sex the day before I started taking the pill.

Should I stop taking it, because I thought you weren't meant to bleed till your week off?
Thanks
Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep taking it. Phone the pharmacist and check but, I think just keep taking it, break through bleeding is common, the pill does mess with your hormones.
    Okay thanks, really worried me. Will I still have a period when I have the week off?
    Xx
    I don't know... Having a period is surely less worrying than not having one though - especially after a couple of incidences of non-protected sex. I'm probably not the best person to advise on the pill as I've never got on with the ones I've tried. What are you on?

Have you considered STI testing - it's not as scary as it sounds and getting the results can often be a relief?
    Yeah, I get tested for chlamydia when I have a different sexual partner. But I haven't been test for anything else though.

And I'm on Microgynon 30.
    Xx
    Ah cool, it's really great to hear of you taking responsibility for yourself. Love yourself , take care of yourself - your future self will thank you for it. It's worth getting the others, just to check, though I've found they're much more of a polava to book.
    Yeah, I get tested for chlamydia when I have a different sexual partner. But I haven't been test for anything else though.

And I'm on Microgynon 30.
    Xx

Hiya, I have the problem you had with bleeding whilst on this yet it wasn't your week off, could you please tell me if you found out why and what caused it as this is worrying me.

Thanks x