Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

your ip address is banned

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
banned ?
every other day i get the message that i'm banned and they wont let me in .
i have to mess about with cookie settings etc then i manage to get in again. WHATS GOING ON ? am i banned or am i not ? is it a software problem ?
is it old info in your system or mine from when i did get banned ?
should i remove history etc on my pc....dont ban me please..i've been resonable and polite.

Comments

• Options
    As I said in the drugs forum, I don't see how messing around with your cookies helped.

Just outta curiosity...what ISP are you using?
  • Options
    Clearing your cookies won't have done anything of that nature I'm afraid, cookies are basically text files which websites use to keep small logs on you, such as where you've been or log-on details so when you visit the site it knows who you are...

As for your 'banning' all that I can think of is that someone on your ISPs IP address range is banned, for example...

Lets say your ISP uses the IP scope of: 192.168.3.1 to 192.168.4.200 and some muppet on your ISP has been posting crap on thesite (not you of course), The best and most obvious thing the regies can do here is ban either the specific whole IP address (ie. 192.168.3.201 and works best if the ISP uses static IP addresses for each user - ones which remain the same) or the address range (ie. 192.168.3.1 -to- 192.168.4.200 - where the ISPs assign random addresses to each user each time they log on - better if you get an increasingly annoying eegit bypassing the standard static measure)

If you do have any problems then you can always email the guys in charge who will happily answer any questions as to why etc.

But its nothing to do with cookies, however the idea of their database messing up might well be a possibility with recent events in sight ;)