Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My shoulder :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know what I've done to it, but I think it's muscle related... I can't lift up my arm, because it is making my shoulder hurt LOADS. The pain is at the top of my arm, going along the top of my shoulder.
Any advice??
Xx

Comments

• Options
    When did the pain start? No clue what you were doing when it started?
  • Options
    No... I was just sitting down, and I was putting on eyeliner and it just started hurting. It was at lunch time, so like... 2oclock.
    Xx
  • Options
    Hiya BA , does it hurt if you like push yourself up from the floor using that arm ?
  • Options
    Yes...like loads...
    Xx
  • Options
    Could it be a strain/sprain? Is it that sort of pain? Try RICE treatment; rest, ice, compress, elevate.

If not, just see how it goes, not a lot you can do really.
  • Options
    Oh and you could always give NHS Direct a call, see what they suggest.
  • Options
    Not sure if its something you get until your older but my aunt had pain in her shoulder that just started out of the blue for no real reason and she could not lift her arm above a certain point or reach around behind her and when she used the arm to lift herself it was really awfull pain i have seen her in tears the doctor said it was a frozen shoulder , she had it for ages then it went as quickly as it started.
    But she was old in her late forties maybe.
  • Options
    I'm going to put an ice pack on it, and if it gets worse I'll speak to my Grand-dad (he's a surgeon) Thanks guyss
    Xx
  • Options
    it could be your collarbone?
  • Options
    I'm sorry that you're in pain. Maybe it's nothing to worry about. There are several reasons of shoulder pain and most commonly are bad posture and bad sleeping position. As first aid, try applying ice packs or hot packs. If the pain is still there, try taking pain relievers. You can also try getting a good massage to relieve the pain or straighten any twitched shoulder nerves and muscles. Often, the pain goes away in a few days. But if it still bothers you, the best thing to do is see a doctor for accurate diagnosis and to target correct the problem.
  • Options
    I love it how you devoted your username purely for this post.

I expect you to pull you cape over your chest, which sports an huge SPM (Shoulder Pain Man) emblem yell, "My job here is done." And run off in a comical fashion like Freakazoid

Just kidding. Thanks for your input, and welcome to the boards.
  • Options
    Hi B-A glad to see you are still around. :)
    It is a very good idea to see your grandad as quickly as possible he is a surgeon right. :yes:
    And if he is unable to do anything, might be a good idea to go to the surgery, or you could try some muscle streches although I know must be very painful.

Take care B-A

xx
  • Options
    Hi B-A glad to see you are still around. :)

Check the dates of her posts. :crying: