Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I fail at making decisions about my own hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to chop all my hair off again. It's far too thick and it's far too hot right now to have thick hair without being able to at least tie it up, and I can't even do that. Plus the blonde is getting crazy roots now and I can't afford to get it sorted out.

So my options are:

1) Get a box colour and dye over the whole lot.
2) Somehow scrape up the money to get a professional dye job over the whole lot.
3) Get it all chopped off down to where the roots start (about an inch or so long).

Must admit, I'm leaning towards 3 at the moment, but I really want to try and ACTUALLY grow my hair out at some point and right now it's the healthiest it's ever been. But if I leave it this length and let it grow, I WILL have to get a dye job at some point and that will make it less healthy. I never blow dry it unless I need it straightened on a hair-wash day (I wash it every other day, I tried every three days but it's just too hot for that right now), but I very very rarely straighten it (as you will see from the picture - that little flicky bit is really bloody annoying, but it doesn't go away if I trim the fringe).

Thoughts and pictures of good cuts are appreciated. Note that I really cba with the maintenance of a proper fringe because my hair grows fast and I am POOR. I have to get it cut every four weeks if I get it cut in a way that is unforgiving at the growing-out-a-bit stage.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    roots don't look too bad, it looks a bit like you've intentionally gone for a choppy die job. Dark dyes aren't damaging to your hair if they don't have peroxide in them IIRC.
    How about something similar to Caoimhe on Big Brother? It's shaved at the sides with length on the top. She usually wears it curly and it looks nice http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01072/Caoimhefeelboobs01_1072212a.jpg
    katralla wrote: »
    roots don't look too bad, it looks a bit like you've intentionally gone for a choppy die job. Dark dyes aren't damaging to your hair if they don't have peroxide in them IIRC.
    Well, I did :p. But it doesn't look right anymore, no matter what I do, because when I got it done he cut the fringe so it fell straight down, but even the shortest part is past my eyes now.

Lea - I was thinking a bit like that but I do need to find a job...
    How much doe syour regular hair cut cost you?
    Tempted to say keep growing it, just because I always used to try and grow mine, get bored, chop it off and wish I hadn't!! Eventually forced myself to grow it, managed to put up with the horrible in between stage and finally got it long!

A box dye shouldn't be too bad for your hair, I have used them loads as well as had it done at the hairdressers - or look up when hairdressers near you have days/evenings for their trainees to practice, that way you'll get it much cheaper/free.
    katralla wrote: »
    How much doe syour regular hair cut cost you?
    I can't remember, tbh. It's been a while since I've had my hair cut there because I've been having it cut at uni.

I think I'll see how much I can make selling clothes/makeup, then decide about the colour. I'll buy a box and then see how that looks, then if it looks crap still I'll get it all cut off.
    Lovely face frankikins!

Anyways, buy a hairband or something and just keep it pulled back. And ignore the roots
    Amira wrote: »
    Lovely face frankikins!

Anyways, buy a hairband or something and just keep it pulled back. And ignore the roots
    It looks ridiculous when I do that :p
    Clip the swoopy fringe swooped across but out of your eyes with one of those flower clips everyone's wearing now (or any clip if you don't like flowers).
    Franki wrote: »
    It looks ridiculous when I do that :p
    no it doesn't just do it :p
    Amira wrote: »
    no it doesn't just do it :p
    No seriously, it really *really* does :p.
    i think you'd look amazing with dark purple hair :)