Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Selling Festival Tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone ever done this? I got a ticket for Benicassim when I thought I'd missed out on Glastonbury...I then got a Glasto ticket and am now thinking of selling my Benicassim one as I can't really afford to go - the tickets aren't like Glastonbury ones in that you don't have to register to buy them and they don't have the buyer's ID on them, so there shouldn't be a problem in selling them on, I'm just not sure what the best way is to go about it. I'm thinking of perhaps going through Seatwave so was just wondering if anyone had any experience of that site or anything similar?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done this? I got a ticket for Benicassim when I thought I'd missed out on Glastonbury...I then got a Glasto ticket and am now thinking of selling my Benicassim one as I can't really afford to go - the tickets aren't like Glastonbury ones in that you don't have to register to buy them and they don't have the buyer's ID on them, so there shouldn't be a problem in selling them on, I'm just not sure what the best way is to go about it. I'm thinking of perhaps going through Seatwave so was just wondering if anyone had any experience of that site or anything similar?

You could always consider eBay too. Take the price that you paid for them and then put a starting price at maybe 80% of that. Don't include any 'buy now' option, and just let people bid. You'll make a small loss at worst, but most likely you'll either get your money back or make a small profit. Worth a shot :)
    Yeah, I did think about Ebay although have never sold anything on it before so am a bit apprehensive...I'm also considering Gumtree as I've had success selling things on there before. Thanks :)
    http://www.seatwave.com/

Other sites like this are around...e-Bay I think has stopped this now however local selling is the best path, Gumtree is a good option for this. for that
    Just an update for future reference: I went with Seatwave in the end and they sold my ticket in one night. Definitely recommend them.