Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

NVQ but No Funding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am wanting to do a NVQ at work (Maternty) but the manager just always says there is No funding. Is there any way I can get my own funding or fund it myself does anyone know! My manager isnt the kind of person you can ask or talk too

Comments

• Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi Hollipop2010,

Really depends on your age and what other qualifications you have.

If you are under 19 your education is usually available for free, but after that age, if you haven't already done certain levels of qualifications you may be entitled to help towards your course costs.

You can, of course, pay for the course yourself but that's probably a last resort.

There's more information here:-

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/AdultLearning/FinancialHelpForAdultLearners/index.htm

It's also worth making sure your manager knows about the different support that employers can get to support their employees on training courses. If it is directly going to benefit your current job or obvious promotion opportunities, then you should make sure your company funds at least part of your course (or allows you time off both for your college and study leave).

Hope this helps...

Olly