Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bbc Quarterly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi...please help if you can!!

im in the final stages of my MA doing my research towards my dissertation which is due in september and am coming to the last bit of research.

why is it that you get near the end and loads of useful sources start turning up that you could have looked at months ago?!! anyway lol...

one of these sources that has poped up is the BBC quarterly. As far as i know from the title it is a journal that was published every four months by the bbc containing various articles written by broadcasters and commentaters about policies, programmes etc. It dates from about 1946 to about 1954.

I have enquired through tutors at uni and even they dont know much about it, and my uni Inter library loan people say they cant get it because, as i have found out, the British library dont even have it- which sends a strong mesage that its pretty much a dead journal but there is a good chance there may be stuff in it that could be useful to my research though i admit i may have left this one a little late...

has anyone ever used this or know anythign about it or where it is so i could get hold of it quicker, better still does anyone have any copies of issues that they would be REALLY kind and be able to send it me?? there would be be domething in it for you :)

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi,

Try this website: http://www.worldcat.org/title/bbc-quarterly/oclc/9710279 If you put in your postcode, it'll tell you where you can access copies of this (Oxford, Belfast and Glasgow universities apparently).

Also, I'm sure you've probably already done this, but have you contacted the BBC Archives Department?

I'm sure they'd at least know of its existance, and may even be able to tell you how you can view/get hold of relevant copies. You can contact BBC Archives here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/contact.shtml

Olly
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks olly!! really appreciate that - yes i have already tried your first suggestion but hadnt thought of the second one - i will defintely pursue.

thanks again!