Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Battered Legs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My legs are a complete state. I have scratches, bruises, old marks and bites all over them.

Any suggestions as to how to best make them appear presentable for graduation on Saturday, knee length skirt and natural tights.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm i have this same problem. I would say give them a good ol exfoliatin and moisturise. If you're wearing tights it probably wont be noticeble anyway
  • Options
    Is just me or did anyone else see 'Battered Legs' and think of a chip shop :)

I dunno if you can get it off scrip, i get DIPROBASE. Emollient cream coz i have very dry legs and some pressure sores, cracke dskin etc and it does wonders after a day or two.
  • Options
    Ooohh, hadn't thought of diprobase.

Thats worth a shot, but there's still some seriously good bruises and scabby bites going on.
  • Options
    Whenever i had a bruise as a kid, nan used to get out the distilled witchazel. Dunno if it works but i used to love the smell of it.
  • Options
    Sally Hanson Airbrush Legs :yes: .

It smells really bad while you apply it and you have to practise putting it on, but get it right and it's a dreeeeam.

Did an assault course for a friend's hen party a few weeks ago and had a posh party to attend the next night. Covered in bruises, and this didn't make them disappear completely, but it did a damn good job of hiding them.
  • Options
    Sally Hanson Airbrush Legs :yes: .

It smells really bad while you apply it and you have to practise putting it on, but get it right and it's a dreeeeam.

Did an assault course for a friend's hen party a few weeks ago and had a posh party to attend the next night. Covered in bruises, and this didn't make them disappear completely, but it did a damn good job of hiding them.

That always made me laugh in the stores. During the Great Depression women would paint a line up the back of their legs so it would look like they were wearing 'hose when they couldn't afford it, its like it has come back in style :p