Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quad bike

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello,

I know I can't get one yet, but would like to know what licence is needed to drive a quad bike, on the road, not for agricultural purposes. I have seen some 2 seater ones that can have waterproofs attached, really want one.
I realise it would probably be easier to just get a car... but hey I like to be different.

I currently have a provisional licence, I am 22, and have done my CBT to ride scooters up to 125cc.

Any info would be great.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Nutter wrote: »
    Hello,

I know I can't get one yet, but would like to know what licence is needed to drive a quad bike, on the road, not for agricultural purposes. I have seen some 2 seater ones that can have waterproofs attached, really want one.
    I realise it would probably be easier to just get a car... but hey I like to be different.

I currently have a provisional licence, I am 22, and have done my CBT to ride scooters up to 125cc.

Any info would be great.

You need a car licence. CBT and bike licence has fuck all to do with it. And most road legal quads are not designed to take passanger - in most cases a passenger will put you legally overweight. SOME agricultural ATV's can take passengers I believe.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    A friend has one, and its a car license you need. Great fun, but naff all use as a car substitute. His is for work. You can't park them anywhere (if you want to keep it).
  • Options
    Oh right yeah.
    Yeah i looked at them for a bit longer and thought, yeeeaaahh... perhaps it wouldn't be such a great idea. Btw I got it wrong, it was buggies I was on about, like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-DAZON-SUPERBYKE-TRAVELLER-RRI-1-1-BUGGY-ROAD-LEGAL-/120569823229?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c12857ffd

I guess they are a bit like kit cars really..
    But yeah, thanks. Think i'll just work towards having a car, maybe light motorcycle licence.
  • Options
    I know this thread is pretty much done and dusted - and it was only an example of what you were talking about... but...

If anyone is thinking of buying a superbyke - please don't - lethal machines. I had one a few years back (one of the RSP125s under a different brand) Had a sprocket bolt pop out at 50mph locking up the wheel against the swingarm and nearly ending in a mess. Wouldn't trust the build quality as far as I can throw it (which as they are mainly made of plastic, would be further than you think ;)

2p..