Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

accessing the message boards from a blackberry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I have recently got a blackberry and have tried to access the message boards on it but get a message saying something like 'to access the full service then please visit the website from a PC'. So basically I think I am able to read advice but not actually view/post on the message boards. I thought this abit odd as I can recall in previous threads people stating that they are accessing thesite from their mobile, and have just seen someone state so in a current thread so I'm not sure what the deal is? Is it a problem with my blackberry settings?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That is weird. I can use the forums perfectly fine from my phone (Nokia E72). No suggestions though, sorry.
    Its slow, but works on my blackberry (storm).
    Just tried again and it says the following;

'TheSite.Org aims to be the first place young people turn to when they need support and guidance. We believe all young people have the capacity to make their own life choices provided they have access to high quality, impartial information and advice.

You can access additional services by logging onto www.thesite.org from a computer. If you have any comments about our mobile service please contact feedback@thesite.org'.

Then it lists Sex, Relationships, General Health, Wellbeing, Drink & Drugs, Law, Money, Work, Study, Travel & Free Time and you can select a topic for info/advice.

:chin:
    Have you tried clicking them?

Also what page are you going to? I go straight to the forum page (http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk) and it works fine, but I've never tried the main site.
    Franki wrote: »
    Also what page are you going to? I go straight to the forum page (http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk) and it works fine, but I've never tried the main site.

Thanks, I just went straight to the forum page and it worked, I'm such a dork :blush:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    Thanks, I just went straight to the forum page and it worked, I'm such a dork :blush:

:yippe:

For future we're looking at plugins to improve mobile accessibility - that will come with wider board upgrade though which will probs take a while, so good to see you've found a solution for now. :)