Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The right to eat the poo-poo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
NSFW

This anti-gay Ugandan pastor has been going around spreading hatred and lies... In incredibly graphic detail. :sour:

Surely this must be a joke?

Comments

• Options
    Erm, that would be this Uganda would it?
  • Options
    I can't see it, what did he say?
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Erm, that would be this Uganda would it?

I'm not doubting the bill...

I mean I am shocked about the graphic detail
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I can't see it, what did he say?

He thinks gay people like eating poo poo.
  • Options
    Oh for fuck's sake!
  • Options
    So homosexuals are all into coprophagia, are they?

What a twat.
  • Options
    This was on RayWilliamCharle's channel. I never saw the original in full.

I liked the top-rated comment. LMAO
    Complaining about fags while owning a mac?
  • Options
    Well that's awful. In fact it's so awful i'm going to have to go and eat my boyfriend's shit ! In a cone so it's like ice cream.
  • Options
    This Ugandan thing is intriguing.

I see it as so:

- African countries, despite centuries of European contact, have no tradition of freedom, not as we see it anyhow.

- Because of this, they often have conservative social values. most cultures in the world are socially conservative. The West is the exception due to our history (as the movers and shakers of the Enlightenment, human rights, etc.)

So, since Africa has had hundreds, nay thousands, of years of such values, is it fair to blame them if they are arch-social conservatives? Again, most of the world is so.

I'm not condoning their beliefs, but the different backdrops and histories have to be accounted for.
  • Options
    despite European contact? interesting...
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    despite European contact? interesting...

excuse me?
  • Options
    Despite European contact?

It was the europeans who enslaved africa in the first place.
  • Options
    I don't understand your points. :no:

My point was even though Europeans were in Africa for hundreds of years, they did not leave much cultural mark on the continent.
  • Options
    We have had a massive influence on africa.

http://www.globalissues.org/article/84/conflicts-in-africa-introduction
    European colonialism had a devastating impact on Africa.

The artificial boundaries created by colonial rulers as they ruled and finally left Africa had the effect of bringing together many different ethnic people within a nation that did not reflect, nor have (in such a short period of time) the ability to accommodate or provide for, the cultural and ethnic diversity. The freedom from imperial powers was, and is still, not a smooth transition. The natural struggle to rebuild is proving difficult.

Artificial Borders Created by Imperial Europe
    In the 1870s European nations were bickering over themselves about the spoils of Africa. In order to prevent further conflict between them, they convened at the Berlin Conference of 1884-1885 to lay down the rules on how they would partition up Africa between themselves.

Between 1870 and World War I alone, the European scramble for Africa resulted in the adding of around one-fifth of the land area of the globe to its overseas colonial possessions.

Colonial administrations started to take hold. In some areas, Europeans were encouraged to settle, thus creating dominant minority societies. France even planned to incorporate Algeria into the French state, such was the dominance and confidence of colonial rulers at the time. In other cases, the classic “divide and conquer” techniques had to be used to get local people to help administer colonial administrations. Some were only too willing to help for their own ends.
  • Options
    Day to day African values are different to our own. Europeans did not influence Africa in that regard.

Which lends to my earlier point. To understand where Uganda is coming from, we must understand why they think that way.

The way I see it, either we leave them be, condemn them or place sanctions on them, or persuade them non-coercively to change.
  • Options
    Except they did. European missionaries are responsible for the current view of homosexuality on the African continent.
  • Options
    This is unclear. Most sub-Saharan African societies had no written, recorded history. So we have no clear understanding of what occurred there prior to European contact.

Ok, the written word is not foolproof, but it always has been a superior means of recording information. In Europe, we have written records dating back to the Ancient Greeks, so in a sense this makes our history reliable.
  • Options
    kira wrote: »
    Day to day African values are different to our own.

What does this mean? It's a statement that has a surreal property of saying absolutely nothing, yet still being wrong. What are day-to-day African values? What are day-to-day European values? Hell, what are your day-to-day values?
    Europeans did not influence Africa in that regard.

South Africa.
  • Options
    I always find hate speech disgusting, certainly this was no different.
  • Options
    hieroglyphics?
  • Options
    This is unclear. Most sub-Saharan African societies had no written, recorded history. So we have no clear understanding of what occurred there prior to European contact.

Actually, there is a lot of written evidence, at the time, of open homosexuality in Africa from when the Europeans arrived. As was stated before, it was the mainly the missionaries and European governors that affected African views on homosexuality today, to the point of denial by Africans now that it ever existed. However, homosexual integration into African life was quite widespread, such as in the Zande culture.

India, as another example of European meddling, was also more accepting of homosexuals until the European missionaries arrived as many of the decorations on Indian temples suggest. It was the British that outlawed sodomy in 1860.
  • Options
    hieroglyphics?

There's no need for bad language ;)
  • Options
    What does this mean? It's a statement that has a surreal property of saying absolutely nothing, yet still being wrong. What are day-to-day African values? What are day-to-day European values? Hell, what are your day-to-day values?

African values are different from European values.
    South Africa.

The black majority still live by Bantu values.
  • Options
    hieroglyphics?

Isn't Egypt in northern Africa?
  • Options
    African values are different from European values.

Yes, I know that's what you think (you've just restated, almost verbatim, what you said before), but how about answering my questions?
    The black majority still live by Bantu values.

What are 'Bantu values' and 'how do you know that 'the black majority' live by them?
  • Options
    What are 'Bantu values' and 'how do you know that 'the black majority' live by them?

I'd like to know that too please, Kira. What exactly are these 'bantu' values that they live by?
  • Options
    Yes, I know that's what you think (you've just restated, almost verbatim, what you said before), but how about answering my questions?

Black South Africans are Bantu. And their adherence to them can be seen via food, dress, and general social values.
  • Options
    Black South Africans are Bantu. And their adherence to them can be seen via food, dress, and general social values.

I think what people are asking you is if you can identify some of these values, tell us what the content of them are.
  • Options
    Kira won't be able to answer questions about human interaction though, surely?
  • Options

I'm not asking you what or who Bantu people are, though I'm sure I remember it being a pejorative term. I'm asking what the values of Africans and Europeans are, being as you've said they are different. I've also asked how you know that 'the majority' adhere to these values? Foods or clothes common to an area aren't values.

I don't think I'm asking ambiguous questions, but you don't seem to want to answer...